Bulk Edit Ability for "Exclude From Reports" and "Exclude from Spending Plan" (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• Sandee
    Sandee Member ✭✭
    Options

Please add the "exclude from spending plan" and "exclude from reports" options to the edit multiple transactions function. Currently there is only edit payee name, category, tags, and notes.

• AdamRayburn
    Options

This would be VERY helpful right now as I try to create recurring credit card transfers. It greatly impacts the spending plan for past and future months, and is very time consuming to modify every transaction one by one.

💸 Microsoft Money 95-Sunset

💵 Quicken Classic 2009-Current

🏦 Quicken Simplifi 2023-Current

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's Coming!!!

I'm a little curious how they decide(d) to handle transfers where there could be two sides potentially to hide, I guess if only one side is showing, it will "probably" just hide the one side, but don't know (I don't even know which way would be the "right" way).

Rob Wilkens

• jbright
    Options

This is an essential feature that needs to be added.

• BudgetNerd
    Options

Adding my vote to this. Really need a way to bulk exclude or bulk include! Migrating over from Mint.com and importing several years of financial data. I didn't see an upvote button but similarly really need this functionality!

• lucasandhelena
    Options

+1, this would be a great feature!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This will be nice, Monarch Money allows users to bulk hide transactions. They even have rules to allow the user to hide transactions.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Charlie O
    Options

Agree with prior comments. Former Mint user…want to establish a transaction tracking starting point across all accounts.

• ogl
    ogl Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

This is absolutely ESSENTIAL. In the absence of an interface to set specific categories and tags to always be excluded from reports (or spending plan), we HAVE to be able to search for all transactions with certain category/tag and bulk edit them to tick the "Exclude from Reports" and/or "Exclude from Spending Plan" boxes.

Given that we can already bulk edit the fields for Payee name, Category, Tags, Note, and Follow-up flag… I can't see any reason why we couldn't bulk edit those exclusion options.

I'm importing like 20,000 transactions from Mint, with probably 1,500 tagged "Exclude from net income" so I can visualize my normal spending trends over time excluding work expenses, large one-off purchases, etc. There is absolutely NO way I can individually open and exclude 1,500 individual transactions. Thus my primary Simplifi use case—tracking my income/spending/cash flow trends—is useless.

Thanks!

• reddog1987
    Options

Yes, Please add the "exclude from spending plan" and "exclude from reports" options to the edit multiple transactions function!

• I recently moved here from Mint. This is a must-have feature for me to commit to Simplifi.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good news! I saw a bulk edit exclusion feature as an early access user this morning.

@Coach Natalie - Is this out for all users?

Minter 2014-2023

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA That is good news. Although the "Delete 2 Transactions" raises my eyebrows.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The delete button allows bulk deletions. A nice feature that one has to be careful with.

Minter 2014-2023

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To me, the issue is that it doesn't look like a button. It looks like a label telling me what will happen if I click the Apply button.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ah - I see what you are saying. Maybe make it a red button? Overall, I am glad I am able to use the bulk exclude feature.

Minter 2014-2023

• Mark23
    Mark23 Member ✭✭
    Options

Dang it! I just spent 2 hrs cleaning up mine the other day, got tired of waiting

• Beltifi
    Beltifi Member ✭✭
    Options

Just tried it out, and it worked great!

• RudyH
    Options

Please add the feature to BULK edit - including the ability to define all of them to EXCLUDE in spending or reports!!!

I have been a database programmer for almost 40 years and to NOT have this ability is just embarrassing!! Why would you NOT have this ability???

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

The web app already bulk editing, including exclusions from reports and spending plan features. Are you talking about the mobile app?

Minter 2014-2023

• joachimrick
    Options

I did the bulk exclude, but how do I bulk include? I.e. I want to "include" in bulk a subset of transactions in the group I bulk excluded. If I can't do that, can I undo the bulk exclude?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, you can do the bulk include by unchecking the boxes on bulk exclude and clicking apply. I just tested this, it even worked from a watchlist. It will work on the main transaction list.

Minter 2014-2023

• RudyH
    Options

Thank you!

• BJazzGuy
    Options

Now that the default on investment income is to exclude it from reports, I would like to bulk include certain investment account transactions. It is tedious to reverse the default for each occurrence.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For any account, you can bulk include or exclude for reports. Instructions in links. Only certain investment transactions will be included in reports, per the article below.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6540220-managing-investment-transactions

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5160316-how-to-exclude-accounts-from-reports-and-the-spending-plan

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.