PNC Bank Account linking / updating failing

gdheisel
gdheisel Member

Hi,

I tried updating Simplifi today and it said that my PNC account connections needed attention.

I tried re-authenticating and got an error, and then again got the same error when trying to reset the connection. After entering my credentials I get the following URL and error message in the authentication pop up window:

URL:

https://api.pnc.com/obp/login/web/success/resume?client_id=retail_obp_hb_orchestrator_proxy_client_i00400

Error:

{  "status": "ERROR",  "errors": [    {      "code": "pnc.orchestrator.internal.server.error",      "message": "Internal server error occurred",      "acs_binding": "QUERY",      "acs_url": "https://api.pnc.com/seccstInitAdapter/v1/as/DVXnmtgM8X/resume/as/authorization.ping?client_id=retail_obp_hb_orchestrator_proxy_client_i00400&REF=BFD7CC354BB19094D928E8C2FAA09B9AFD22250F8E3D8C3A52D01A2F15E89185",      "ref": "BFD7CC354BB19094D928E8C2FAA09B9AFD22250F8E3D8C3A52D01A2F15E89185",      "critical": true    }  ]}

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @gdheisel,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Are you seeing this error come up in your Quicken Simplifi, or in the browser window that opens so you can authorize through PNC Bank? If it's happening in the browser window that pops up, I'd recommend temporarily pausing browser extensions (ad blockers and pop up blockers are the ones most likely to cause trouble), and if you use a VPN, turning the VPN off, then try reauthorizing your PNC account again.

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• JimRosebro
    JimRosebro Member
    edited September 9

I am seeing this issue with my PNC accounts too. Started over the weekend.. on 9/7/24.

Neither Simpifi on iOS or web browser can connect.

I'm getting same error message as the original post.

I can sign on to my PNC accounts with Safari OK.

• JimRosebro
    JimRosebro Member

I did try these suggestions and they did not fix this issue.

32167 Member

L&G,
    I am experiencing the same issue updating data from my PNC accounts. I observed the issue yesterday (Sept 8) and the issue persists this morning (Sept 9)

{"status":"ERROR","errors":[{"code":"pnc.orchestrator.internal.server.error","message":"Internal server error occurred","acs_binding":"QUERY","acs_url":"https://api.pnc.com/seccstInitAdapter/v1/as/…{snip}…

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hey everyone, thanks for reaching out regarding this issue!

Since PNC Bank is one of our OAuth API banks, please follow these steps to establish a completely fresh connection with the bank and generate a new token:

1. Navigate to the bank's website, sign in, and then remove Quicken's access from the bank's third-party linked apps.
    2. Go back to Quicken Simplifi and make all of your PNC Bank accounts manual by following the steps here.
    3. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    4. If the connection is successful, carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

32167 Member

PNC online banking level 3 tech support has acknowledged there is an issue, and they're working on it.

• HotSoup
    HotSoup Member

I am also experiencing this issue with connecting to my PNC Bank accounts.

I followed the steps that @Coach Natalie outlined above and was unsuccessful in establishing a new connection. I received the following error message:

{"status":"ERROR","errors":[{"code":"pnc.orchestrator.internal.server.error","message":"Internal server error occurred","acs_binding":"QUERY","acs_url":"https://api.pnc.com/seccstInitAdapter/v1/as/hMH3DF0rch/resume/as/authorization.ping?client_id=retail_obp_hb_orchestrator_proxy_client_i00400&REF=A1EBCF1DC77CB2F7EDAE8DE4DE5E0DE1D57FC5663BBA3B166B71434A5166EE1D","ref":"A1EBCF1DC77CB2F7EDAE8DE4DE5E0DE1D57FC5663BBA3B166B71434A5166EE1D","critical":true}]}

• JimRosebro
    JimRosebro Member

I think I'll not do the steps suggested and just wait a bit….it might just start working as expected once PNC fixes things at their end…

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hey again everyone! This issue has been escalated internally and we have an Alert that you all can follow for updates:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Seems to be fixed today (9/10/24).

I was able to fix my PNC connections.