Combine Transfer Entries in Bills & Payments, Or Organize Like the Spending Plan (edited)

dagnabit2000
dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 9 in Feature Requests

To simplify (pun intended) the "Bills and Payment" "Reminders" list. When displaying transfers, consider either only showing one side of the transfer or organizing them similar to what is shown in the "Spending Plan" "Transfers & Credits Card Payments" sections.

I use transfers to pay several credit cards (business, home, elderly parents I am taking care of) and they are mostly due around the same date. It is confusing that each transfer shows up as two transactions in the list. Below is a sample of the list showing both sides of each transaction.

Thanks for the consideration.

Dave G

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@dagnabit2000

On the occasions I do check in on this page and scroll through the reminders list, I find that the color difference (black/white (depending on light/dark mode) for the debit/outflow side and green for the credit/inflow side) help me make the distinction between the two entries.

If the solution is to show only one side of the transfer, which side would you want to show - I would want the outflow side I think since the other side of the transaction isn't in actual income but is covering expenses.

I'm not sure the other possible solution would be very helpful since both transactions would remain visible in the reminders list but with more distinguishing markers.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • dagnabit2000
    dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭

@DannyB if you use one side of the transaction it results in an added confirmation. The white side in dark mode does not require the additional step. Thatvis the side I would use. I think it is the outflow and I agree that is the side that should be displayed

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10

@dagnabit2000

I don't know how big an issue this is but by having both sides of recurring internal transfers listed then both transactions are included in the weekly notifications about how many bills are scheduled for payment in the week. I have 9 bills due this week, but in reality, I have 7 bills and one transfer.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

When I am on the Bills & Payments screen, if I want to see true bills by account, I hide the accounts I do not want to see and then sort the Reminders By Account. Then, I can see what funds are coming out of my checking account to cover bills and credit card transfer payments.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10

@dagnabit2000 - when you say "organizing them similar to what is shown in the "Spending Plan" "Transfers & Credits Card Payments" sections.", you can get close by using the by type option under Reminders in Bills & Payments. The transactions will be segmented by income, bills, subscriptions, and transfers.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present