Add an option to expand/collapse all transaction rows (edited)

Money Manager
Money Manager Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Feature Requests

There needs to be an option to expand all transaction rows! It would take you 30 seconds to program and it would be a HUGE time saver. Every time I search for given tags (to change all of the resulting transactions), I can't even 'select all transactions' because of all of the grouped older years/months. I need to manually expand each of those for the relevant transactions to even be visible and selectable. What a time suck!

12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd want to "collapse all" too!

• This would a great quality of life improvement for the app.
    Please add!

• Hear, hear!

• jkidd22
    jkidd22 Member
    edited May 28

[removed - profanity], I was hoping this thread would have been marked as resolved by now. But +1 to both expanding and collapsing all months, I get it would be a hit in terms of performance in that more people would likely expand all and download. But for that scenario I wouldn't mind it being emailed to me or handled asynchronously. The feature I'm most interested in is the ability to collapse all, which should actually reduce performance issues, and like another user said be easy to program.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be a helpful feature when working with transactions.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • KDC1996
    KDC1996 Member ✭✭
    edited September 12

I have a very simple feature request that (In my case at least) would be super helpful.

Request: Adding the ability to 'Open All Dropdowns' and 'Close All Dropdowns' in the "Transactions" tab on the web version of the Simplifi app.

Explained: I have been going through all my transactions month by month to review them and add notes, tags, splits, or fix the category. I am currently back to January of 2023. Every time I go to do this (Or change my filter / refresh the page), I end up having to individually close every month other than the month I am on. It makes scrolling through the page more clean and quick since I have so many transactions before / after. It occurred to me that I am spending so much time on something that could just be added as a simple button by Quicken.

Other Users: Please give this a comment if you have run into the same issue to bump this up for Coaches to recognize as a feature the community wants.

Reference photo shown as an example of what I am looking for.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the request, I upvoted it. I will find it useful too.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• KDC1996
    KDC1996 Member ✭✭

Looks like I missed the existing discussion! I'm quite surprised this has not been added in the 10 months since it was brought up. It would really be a very quick change from the development team.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

I upvoted it as well. It would be very useful when choosing all transactions in my checking account to verify balance (to see if I am missing a transaction). Thanks for the suggestion!

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

The more years of data a user has the more beneficial this feature will become.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer