Add Rollover for recurring income

All Talk
All Talk Member
edited September 13 in Feedback

Please enable rollover for recurring income for the spending plan. My one monthly income payment comes either on the first or last day of the month. When I get two payments in one month and then none the next month, it makes my budget difficult to use. The income at the end of the first month attaches to the recurring item, and then my spending plan shows a large deficit all month even though the money just came in.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@All Talk, thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

I went ahead and moved this out of Feature Requests for now, as I see an opportunity to coach on using the product. Typically, if you have income that comes in at the end of a month, and by the time it downloads into Quicken Simplifi, it is dated for the following month, you can edit the date of the transaction to be in the correct month. This will allow that income to fall into the correct month in the Spending Plan.

Let us know if this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13

@All Talk I do exactly what Coach Natalie suggests. Here are some scenarios I've dealt with over the years…

1. When I got paid by paper check from one teaching job I had, I would rush to the bank on the last day of the month to deposit it. Sometimes I made it; sometimes I didn't. In Quicken (before Simplifi), I would go by the Deposit Date rather than the Posting Date so it stayed in the month for which I was paid.
    2. When my wife's Board of Education for some dumb reason decided to change the direct deposit to the 1st rather than 31st, I had to do the same thing b/c if the 1st fell on a weekend, it was deposited the 30th or 31st. And on top of that in December you got paid on the 1st and 20th so that the W-2 would be right. I moved everything back to the last day of the month except for the Dec 20 paycheck, which I left alone.
    3. My dumb State Bank for unfathomable reasons will set the download date of our interest to the 1st or 2nd if the last day of the month falls on Friday. Otherwise, it is the last day of the month and certainly in December it will be by the 31st. Some accounting idiocy I am sure. I move all these back to the month for which the interest was paid. Oh, and get this, the interest is always included in the balance for the last day of the month. I have to add it to reconcile in Quicken and add an interest payment (cleared) in Simplifi.

These are hoops we have to jump through sometimes to make our Spending Plan make sense. 😁

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991