Recurring Expenses Auto-Add to Planned Spending

dkerr0902
dkerr0902 Member
edited October 11 in Feedback

I believe if you mark an expense as recurring, it should automatically be entered into your spending plan. Logically, since you're marking it as recurring, it's a planned spend.

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

If an expense is part of a recurring series, it is added under Income after bills in the spending plan. Could you clarify the request?

Using the Quicken Simplifi Spending Plan | Quicken Simplifi Help Center (simplifimoney.com)

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13

I believe this is already true. I added a doctor's visit for my wife today and marked it Recurring and it is my Bills section of the Spending Plan.

Am I misunderstanding? Or do you mean you want it to go into Planned Spending, which is Budgeted Spending (other than Bills and Subscriptions)? The theory behind the Spending Plan is that income and regular bills are taken out first and then your "Planned" Spending in categories is next. Anything else is "Other".

I've never liked the word Planned Spending, which I admit is confusing, which I think should be "Budgeted" instead. I know they don't want to use "budgeted" because the SP is not a budget. Maybe it could be called "Category" Spending? Suggestions?

@dkerr0902

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@dkerr0902

The only thing I would add is to check to make sure that exclude from Spending Plan is not selected. If the recurring transaction is a credit card payment or transfer of some kind it will be automatically set to be excluded from the Spending Plan and Reports.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.