Investments stillllll need to be changed to payments

neon45
neon45 Member ✭✭
edited September 18 in Feedback

As mentioned in earlier posts all my dividends from Schwab are coming over as Income Dividend which has presented problems / challenges / frustrations / tedious repetition and hours and hours of wasted time in my life. It is completely opposite of how MINT entered all my transactions.

I still can not run a Report for Dividends and Interest for an account. I can not search for a category without changing every single blessed entry into a Payment/Deposit.

How about some help? I've got 8 accounts and each one comes with multiple monthly and quarterly entries. Each and every one has to be touched and modified with, at least 10 keyboard actions.

This is crazy when this program is not capable of doing a simple addition of dividends, over a set time period for one account.

Tagged:

Comments

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭

Agreed, or at least until investment transactions are more robust allow us to download the transactions so they can be processed in a spread sheet. But yea, it is obscure that the action "payment/deposit" is kind of the gate way to expose the investment transactions to the rest of Simplifi such as reports, spending plan, etc..

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

There is a feature request to bulk edit action (make investment transactions payment transactions in bulk for example) open. If implemented, it will help your pain point. Check it out.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18

Weird, because our Schwab interest usually comes across as payments when it should be interest. It seems to me a lot of this is probably on the banks and investment firms. Didn't there use to be a standard? OFX? And some of these corporations are so stubborn. Schwab generally works better for me than Fidelity but I am lucky I only have a few investments to change each month. I feel for the people who have hundreds.

@UrsulaA I upvoted the Bulk Editing for Investment Type.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭

I upvoted it. There are now 6 up votes since last April. Be still my fluttering heart in anticipation.

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭
    edited September 19

I while back I called Schwab about this nonsense. I was transferred back to a guy who worked with the interface with simplifi. He told me out nightmare was a function of how simplifi coded the data. He said to get the simplifi programmer to talk to him and they could straighten it out. That, obviously hasn't and isn't going to happen. I guess there are more folks wanting zillow to update the value of their house than be able to use simplifi to work on estimated taxes.

If I sound sarcastic it's because I'm frustrated by the program and the hours I waste because they are not forced to screw around for hours getting a simple search done.

I have over 40 transactions I have to convert to Payments from Interest, and that's only in the last 4 days. There are still more going back to Sept 1. 🤐🤬 And we are paying for this service ?