Matches wrong existing transaction (Transfer/Payment)

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 18 in Report a Bug

I had two manual transfer transactions entered:

1. a transfer/payment from TOTAL CHECKING to CITI COSTCO of $18.82
  2. a transfer/payment from TOTAL CHECKING to CITI COSTCO of $366.45 (this one is technically a future transaction, but it has a past date, it's scheduled for mid october)

When the $18.82 transaction downloaded, it changed transaction #2 to $18.82 and cleared it, leaving transaction 1 pending which is clearly the better (exact) match.

This was obvious once my current balance went from $0 to like $340-something.

I fixed this by hand, but thought it worth pointing out as I expect it's a bug.

Rob Wilkens

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for reaching out! Glad to know you already resolved the issue. Since this seems to be a one-off occurrence, manual intervention was definitely the route to take. Manual intervention like this will help teach Quicken Simplifi for future cases. I am not sure how you specifically went about fixing this, but generally, you would want to unlink the incorrect transfer, and then link the correct transfer. This article contains instructions on how transfers work and how to manage them: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3352152-how-do-transfers-work#managing-transfers

Hope this helps,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

What I did to resolve it was change the dollar amounts on the two transactions (swapped them). One had already changed on its own. Of course, this will probably happen again.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited September 18

Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for the reply. As I said previously, manual intervention via the steps I provided will help teach Quicken Simplifi in future cases like this one. I am glad the issue was resolved quickly! Be sure to let us know if this issue happens again!

-Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.