Edit Expense Series - Planned Spending

Using the new iPad app, I have edited the monthly amounts for some of my Expense Series in Planned Spending, however the amounts always revert back to the original values.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@donnajean, thanks for posting to the Community!

We need to know if this issue is unique to the iPad app. Can you try making the same adjustments from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App on your mobile phone, or possibly the Quicken Simplifi Web App to confirm, please? Also, is the issue occurring with specific Planned Spending expenses or do you see it with all of them?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• donnajean
    donnajean Member

After making the edits in the iPad app, everything looks good; even when I close and re-open the app. It is hours (or perhaps the next day) when I open the app that I see the numbers have reverted back to the original values. This keeps happening with all four of the category amounts that I need to change in ‘Planned Spending’.

I have now gone ahead and edited the amounts using the iPhone version as suggested. I then opened my iPad version and it looks good there. I also closed and re-opened the iPad app; still looks good. I will let you know what I see tomorrow.

• donnajean
    donnajean Member

This morning I opened the iPad app to find that the values for the Expense Series I edited with the iPhone app have once again, all reverted back to the original values (all four of them). These values were edited for the month of October onwards.

Today I will edit them using the web app to see if that works.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21

Thanks for the updates; I know this is irritating. I have not seen this behavior but will try to replicate it in my iPhone and IPad. I mainly use the WebApp.

To be clear, these are the spending bars where you set a certain amount for a category and not Bill or Subscription Reminders? I have some problems with Health Premiums reverting in the WebApp but I have had to change these several times lately because of updates I am getting on our health insurance premiums so I didn't think anything about it. The others seem to stay in place.

@donnajean

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• Coach Natalie

@donnajean, thanks for the update!

Yes, please keep an eye on how it goes when editing the expense from the Web App. Regardless of the results, another thing to try is deleting and recreating one of the expenses to see if that fixes things for that expense. If it does, we can try that with all of them.

-Coach Natalie

• donnajean
    donnajean Member

Hello, happy to report that the edits I did to the values for the 4 different Expense Series using the Web App on Saturday have finally ‘stuck’, and not reverted back to the original numbers. So likely a glitch in the iOS app version. And yes, these are the spending bars where you set a certain amount for the category for upcoming months in the spending plan (Expense Series).

• donnajean
    donnajean Member

Hello, unfortunately I noticed this morning that the edits I made to the 4 different Expense Series in Planned Spending did not stick after all. Once again the values have reverted back to their original numbers. Drats! Hope you can squash this bug soon.

• Coach Natalie

@donnajean, thanks for following up!

Did you try deleting and recreating the Planned Spending expenses to see if doing so clears things up moving forward?

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie