Bills not showing up in spending plan

barrett
barrett Member
edited September 24 in Report a Bug

I've noticed two of my bills don't show up in future spending plans under the Bill section. They show up this month (as they've been paid and linked to transactions). I've checked and they are not explicitly excluded from the spending plan (checkbox).

The only difference I see compared to other bills when I go into recurring transactions is that they are not showing the amount for the "next occurrence" (see screenshot). I've tried changing the amount, changing the match criteria, changing the frequency, etc. but nothing seems to help. I suppose I can end the bill and then create another, but that seems like a poor workaround, especially if it continues to happen…

Has anyone else run into this? Is there a known fix besides recreating bills?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@barrett, thanks for reaching out!

Have you looked at the Edit Series window for these Recurring Series to see if there is something that can perhaps be fixed or adjusted, such as the Frequency and Occurrence, the date of the next Reminder instance, etc.? If this does not resolve things for you, we would recommend completely deleting and recreating the Recurring Series.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• barrett
    barrett Member

@Coach Natalie Yes - I've changed every option when editing the series and saved, with no change to the behavior. After deleting and recreating the series, the amount shows up with the "next occurrence" and my future spending plans are correct.

For future reference is there any way for me to help capture underlying data to help with a real bug report that can be passed to developers? Now that I've deleted the buggy series, I expect it's going to be pretty hard for anyone to look into what exactly was happening.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@barrett, I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved!

Typically, if something is a one-off scenario, or can be resolved through troubleshooting, we wouldn't escalate it or anything along those lines. You do always have the option of reporting it via the 'Send Feedback' option, though:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

You won't hear back from anyone, but it will at least submit the info to our systems. I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie