PayPal Transactions are Missing

damnedxer
damnedxer Member

I have combed through the posts here and have "made account manual," "reconnected," deleted the account, and readded (using the correct PayPal credit card link). My PayPal account shows a balance but no transactions.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @damnedxer,

Thanks for reaching out! Are the missing transactions older than 90 days old? If this is your first time downloading transactions for an account, it's important to know that banks place limitations on the amount of data you can download into Quicken Simplifi. Most banks allow you to download 90 days worth of data per account. If your missing transactions are more than 3 months old, they will not automatically download into Quicken Simplifi.

Additionally, Checking and Savings accounts will need to use the option listed as "PayPal". Other accounts, such as Credit Cards, will need to use the option listed as "PayPal Credit, MasterCard, and Crypto". Make sure you are using the correct instance for your account type. Be sure to let us know!

-Coach Jon

• Thank you for responding, Coach Jon. It is a credit card account, I used the PayPal Credit option, and the one transaction is from last week.

• Coach Jon

Hello @damnedxer,

Thanks for the reply. I would try to make the account manual and then use the Add Account flow to get a completely fresh connection. If the connection is successful, you'll then want to link the account to your existing Quicken Simplifi account. 

If this does not work please provide the following information. Feel free to send this over direct message if preferable:

• The name of the account the transactions are missing from, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    • The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example transactions that are currently missing in Quicken Simplifi.
    • A screenshot of the example transactions from the bank's website.
    • A screenshot of the corresponding register in Quicken Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing.
    • Confirm whether the missing transactions are impacting the balance in Quicken Simplifi or not.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I think PayPal credit is different than PayPal credit card.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon

Hello @damnedxer,

I did receive your DM. Thanks for the information! To clarify, did you try the steps I provided above regarding making the account manual and then re-linking the account as well?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• I followed all steps with the same result.

• Coach Jon

Hello @damnedxer,

Thank you for letting me know. I went ahead and escalated this issue for you and will be sure to post back here with any updates I receive on the status of the issue going forward.

Thanks for your patience!

-Coach Jon

EWC - 11300680

• Coach Jon

Hello @damnedxer,

Thanks for your patience. Have there been any other new transactions into this account yet? If not I would suggest doing a transfer into or out of the account to see if that new transaction downloads into Quicken Simplifi. Let us know if that works!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• No, nothing has downloaded yet. I will try the transfer tonight. Thank you!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@damnedxer, have you been able to give the transfer a try, by chance?

Please let us know how it went!

-Coach Natalie