Amex personal savings account not downloading new transactions

kiun
kiun Member

Amex Personal Savings account, connected via the American Express - Banking connection

Balances are correct, but new transactions are not downloaded. Seems to start about a month ago. Anyone else having the same issues ?

PS: Tried resetting account, no luck. Also, 2FA sucks, hoping for a OAuth connection soon.

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @kiun,

To start troubleshooting this issue, I recommend that you follow the steps in this article on on Missing Transactions.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-troubleshooting-missing-transactions

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• kiun
    kiun Member

@Coach Kristina that didn't help. Hoping to get some confirmation from other simplifi members that they are having the same issues as well with Amex HYSA. For now, looks like I have to just rely on manual entries.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

I dropped Amex Savings in July because it was unreliable in the connection and Amex made it clear they didn't care. It wasn't so much because I needed it for the one or two transactions per month but because I check balances each day to make sure there is no funny business going on. I didn't want to go through the hassle of signing on separately to Amex every day.

I feel pretty much the same about every account I have. If they don't support Quicken and Simplifi, then I am likely to change banks. I am not urging anyone to do that, but that is my 2 cents.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@kiun, thanks for the reply!

To clarify, are you just looking to see if other users are experiencing the same issue, or do you want to do some troubleshooting? If the former, I'm not aware of any other users reporting missing transactions with their American Express HYS account. If the latter, I'd suggest performing these steps to establish a completely fresh connection with the bank to see if that forces the transactions to download:

1. Make the account manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. If the connection is successful, carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Please let us know!

-Coach Natalie

• kiun
    kiun Member

so new findings:

I have 3 Amex HYSA accounts. Today it brought in an actual transaction for 1 of them, however that transaction is incorrectly duplicated in the other 2 accounts as well. This leads me to assume that it might be an issue for users who have multiple Amex savings accounts, and Simplifi is mixing up the accounts because they have the same name in the backend ?

This discussion has been closed.