Citibank connection restored but does not download processed transactions

SDReady
SDReady Member

My citibank connection was restored but it did not download the processed connected from the past few days in was down. I only see the pending ones. Also unable to import file manually. It says complete but nothing happens.

Comments

• ** Processed transactions from the past few days it was down.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @SDReady,

Thanks for reaching out! Glad to hear your Citibank connection was restored. As for the missing transactions, I would try resetting your account connection to see if that brings those through: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-when-and-how-to-reset-your-account-connections#h_7f8fc15a86

Let us know if that works for you!

-Coach Jon

• SDReady
    SDReady Member
    edited October 2

I reset as "linked" and it didn't restore. Do you suggest I do new? I know that if I do it as new it will cause duplicate. The balance is accurate and the pending charges are accurate. Just didn't download the processed items.

• Coach Jon

Hello @SDReady,

Thanks for letting us know. If that did not work, let's try making the account manual and then use the Add Account flow to get a completely fresh connection. If the connection is successful, you'll then want to link the account to your existing Quicken Simplifi account. Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• SDReady
    SDReady Member
    edited October 2

Just finished making the first one MANUAL. Then did a ADD ACCOUNT flow and it brought in new entry with ALL the transaction. Now I have 2 entries. Should I delete the old one (then my history will be lost) or how to I merge them? Top one is the newest one (connected to bank)

• Coach Jon

Hello @SDReady,

Thank you for the reply. In the steps I sent previously, you would want to link the account to your existing Quicken Simplifi account after the connection is successful in the Add Account flow. It is good that we know the transactions are able to be downloaded and the connection is working, but I would suggest removing the newly created account and retrying the steps I sent previously, remembering to link to the existing account.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• SDReady
    SDReady Member
    edited October 2

Ok so delete the new connection, retry it and LINK.

• The balance is accurate but the transactions are missing. So is this only way to do a new connection and delete the old one?

• Coach Jon

Hello @SDReady,

Thanks for the quick response. Let's have you try getting a new OAuth token from the bank's website.

1. Navigate to the bank's website, sign in, and then remove Quicken's access from the bank's third-party linked apps.
    2. Navigate back to Quicken Simplifi and make all of your accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    3. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank and reauthorize your accounts.
    4. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know if this works!

-Coach Jon

• SDReady
    SDReady Member
    edited October 2

Removed connected on Citibank website. In Simplifi, made both accounts manual. Went to ADD account and got to first screen before this: Logged off and on. Looks like I made it worse.

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

nginx

• It finally went through but when linking to first citibank account. Still nothing downloaded. Only works when downloading new entry.

• SDReady
    SDReady Member
    edited October 2

I think I am just going to keep the new entry for now and put this to rest. Can I just delete the old citibank (that is marked manual)?

• Coach Jon

Hello @SDReady,

Thank you for the reply. If that is your preference, then yes you can remove the previous Citibank account and continue forward with the new Citibank account.

Thanks,

Coach Jon