"Cost Basis Feedback" Banner steals focus from search field on Investment Page

RockLee
RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 5 in Report a Bug

On the Investment→Transactions page the newly added "Cost Basis Feedback" banner located on the right side of the page steals focus from the search field such that as the user types characters into the search field focus moves to the banner, and the user has to click again into the search field. In my experience no more than a few characters can be typed. Chrome and Safari

Tagged:

Comments

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭

Actually, the banner may not be be involved, can't tell…

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @RockLee,

I think I'm seeing the same issue as you are when I test in Quicken Simplifi's web app. From my observation, it looks like after typing a few characters, the page refreshes with the search results, and that's when the focus shifts to the feedback banner. Since that banner is only in investment accounts and only in the web app, I didn't see it happen in other account types or in the mobile app.

Is that the same behavior you've observed?

-Coach Kristina

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭

Yea, that's the behavior. It makes sense it's a page refresh because it doesn't happen until at least the third character is typed in the search field.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@RockLee, thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I am also seeing this issue when typing in the search box on the Investments > Transactions page. I have forwarded it to the appropriate parties!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

This must be fixed? I just now used the search box on the Investments > Transactions page and no banner popped up.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer