Valic/AIG broken again

N4KHQ
N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

It is probably the AIG side but I have been trying to re-connect to AIG for 3 days now. I can login to the Corebridge page just fine with myvalic.com. Yesterday I got account already added but today I got the following immediately on submitting my credentials.

Request failed with status code 503 Care Code: 503

Comments

• subiemat
    subiemat Member
    edited October 7

I didn't have this issue correctly... But mine is constantly rotating betweens working and not. One thing I noticed for me is that I have it linked to two other apps and they are updating in the background... After about a week I have to call aig to reset my account because my password was entered in wrong too many times ... Even though that's not true.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6

I have 3 accounts 2 old Valic accounts and 1 account that more information is available if I login into Corebridge. All 3 accounts had been working for the last few months. When I tried to reconnect this morning after several minutes it was back to "You have already added all your accounts at this bank". I think I will delete the accounts and see what happens.

Update: Deleting was a bad idea it fix the already added accounts but now gives me a "We are unable to connect to AIG Retirement - My Streetscape at this time. Care Code: FDP-176"

Update: Tried adding AIG again and this time it found 1 of the 3 accounts. After AIG had the security breach severals months ago and after a few months for re-coding, I was only connecting with this same one account. Simplifi support fix the problem until a few days ago and it re-occured after the last update.

Update. With 1 of 3 accounts showing if I try to add the other two, I get "You have already added all your accounts at this bank."

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @N4KHQ,

So we can help look into this issue with Quicken Simplifi not seeing the other 2 accounts you're trying to re-add, please provide the following information:

• Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    • Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to?
    • Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    • Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?
    • Are you the owner of the account?
    • The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    • If the issue is occurring on an existing Quicken Simplifi account, the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    • A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    • A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the account in question is missing at account discovery.

If you are not comfortable providing this information in this discussion, please feel free to DM the information.

Please also send logs. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited October 7

Hello @subiemat,

To assist with this issue, I checked on our end, and I'm not seeing any errors with your recent connection/update attempts. When did this intermittent issue start? When it doesn't work in Quicken Simplifi, what happens? Do you see any error messages/codes? Is the intermittent issue in Quicken Simplifi possibly being caused by your AIG account(s) getting locked on the financial institution side? You mentioned using a couple other apps; have you done any troubleshooting with those other apps to see if they may be causing the account to be locked (the most likely culprits are an outdated/incorrect password or failing multi-factor authentication)?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

Feed Back sent. I followed the same instructions last time for the fix
    Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?

Yes

Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to?

No https://myaccount.valic.com/auth/public/login?ReturnUrl=%2fMyvalic%2f#/

• Is the account a subtype of a different account?

Not sure

• Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?

No

• Are you the owner of the account?

Yes

• The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.

Jarvis Seabolt

• If the issue is occurring on an existing Quicken Simplifi account, the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

I deleted the account trying to fix the problem

• A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    • A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the account in question is missing at account discovery.

See attachment below

• subiemat
    subiemat Member
    edited October 7

@Coach Kristina

I'm not currently having issues, however when I do, it's on the banks side.

I was just pointing out to the OP that his issue may require him to unlock his account at AIG.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

Update on previous posts: One of the three accounts was syncing and this morning I tried adding the account again but entered a bad password to see if I got an error 103 which I did. When I entered the correct password I could not update the account and the one account that was syncing need reconnection. I tried entering my credentials several times but I keep getting errors. I deleted the account and added it again. This time I got 2 of the three accounts.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@N4KHQ, thanks for the update!

That's great you've been able to connect 2 out of 3 accounts! To clarify, did you fully delete all of your AIG Retirement accounts from Quicken Simplifi, or did you just disconnect them from the bank? If the former, for future reference, you can make the accounts manual instead of deleting them, which will allow you to keep all of your data. Here are the best troubleshooting steps to follow to establish a completely fresh connection with the bank:

1. Make the accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. If the connection is successful, carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

With that, which account are you still unable to add? Have you been able to sign into the bank's website to make sure your account is not locked as mentioned by @subiemat?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7

I fully delete all AIG Retirement. I went to settings - accounts - AIG and deleted the AIG Retirement-My Streetscape account that was showing 3 accounts the first time. I tried adding AIG several times hoping to find the other two accounts and it told me all accounts added. I put in a bad password for an adding attempt and Simplifi said I needed to reconnect to AIG but could not. I deleted the AIG Retirement account again and when I added back the account it found two of the three accounts.

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, can you provide the rest of the info I asked for above, please?

With that, which account are you still unable to add? Have you been able to sign into the bank's website to make sure your account is not locked as mentioned by @subiemat?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

@Natalie It the Tax Sheltered 403(b) that is not showing now. When it was only showing one account it was the Tax Sheltered 403(b) that was showing. After deleting and adding back the AIG account, The two that came back were not the Tax Sheltered 403(b).

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 7

@N4KHQ, did you try signing into the bank's website to make sure your account is not locked or anything along those lines? Please also make sure you're able to access the missing Tax Sheltered 403(b) without issue from the bank's website.

If all is well in that regard, please provide some updated info for an escalation:

• A fresh screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the account in question is missing at account discovery. This should be the Add Account screen, not the list of accounts under Settings > Accounts. After connecting to the bank, you'll be presented with a list of accounts that are available to add — this is what the screenshot should be of, so it shows that the two accounts are discovered, and the third account is not.

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

@Natalie Please read my post above. Screen shots are above.

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 7

@N4KHQ, the screenshot you provided above does not show the Add Account screen. Please re-read the description of what we're looking for: "This should be the Add Account screen, not the list of accounts under Settings > Accounts. After connecting to the bank, you'll be presented with a list of accounts that are available to add — this is what the screenshot should be of, so it shows that the two accounts are discovered, and the third account is not."

Looking at the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website, this also does not cover what we need —

Thank you,

Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7

If I am sending the correct screen shot, It not going to show the missing account: Is this what you want? I sent two screen shots previously. The previous add account show 1 of 3 the one below shows 2 of 3

"A fresh screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the account in question is missing at account discovery"

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, you will need to try to add the missing account again to get the screenshot that we need. After going through the Add Account flow to connect to the bank, you should be presented with a list of accounts that are available to add that will show the 2 accounts that are already added, and will allow us to see that the 3rd account is not being discovered. You may instead receive a "You have already added all of your accounts with this bank" message — either way, we need a screenshot of what happens when you try to add the missing account.

We also need a screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL. To obtain this, sign into your bank's website from your web browser. Once you're on the landing page, take a screenshot of the entire page so we can see the accounts and the page URL. Redact any private info such as account numbers, and then send that to us as well.

If it's any easier for you, you can reach out to Chat Support for assistance with this issue. They can establish a screen-sharing session with you to help obtain all of the required data.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

@Natalie I have tried to add the missing account(s) every day for a week. Simplifi tells me all accounts for AGI have been added. You must not be seeing anything but posts with your name. Coach Kristian got a tech to fix the same problem a couple of months ago for me. Coach Kristina request the information you are requesting plus addition information and a Simplifi log you can send from Profile and option key to see send feedback. I have sent the log as requested and other information. See above in this post, Valic/AIG Broken Again. I think I know how to add accounts in Simplifi. I think tech will have to look at feedback (log) I sent from Profile to fix the problem again. The problem started with the update that added investment information. I have verified the missing account shows on the AIG page at least 20 Times. The account is not found by adding AIG. I have not tried deleting the account an additional 4 time to see if Simplifi will find all 3 accounts. If I am missing something and need to send the same information multiple times please let me know.

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, everyone in the Community can see all of the comments in this thread. You have not provided the specified information in this thread. Again, this is what we need to see:

You will need to try to add the missing account again to get the screenshot that we need. After going through the Add Account flow to connect to the bank, you should be presented with a list of accounts that are available to add that will show the 2 accounts that are already added, and will allow us to see that the 3rd account is not being discovered. You may instead receive a "You have already added all of your accounts with this bank" message — either way, we need a screenshot of what happens when you try to add the missing account.

We also need a screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL. To obtain this, sign into your bank's website from your web browser. Once you're on the landing page, take a screenshot of the entire page so we can see the accounts and the page URL. Redact any private info such as account numbers, and then send that to us as well.

If there is still confusion, I'd recommend contacting Chat Support for more advanced assistance so they can walk you through how to obtain the required data.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

@Natalie Working with support. Let you know if it get fixed. They offered a 3 months credit I thought was nice but I didn't take it.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

@Natalie Explained the problem to support. He said we know the problem wait 24 hrs and try it again. He was correct, all three accounts working now.