529 Plan Account Type Not Included in Net Worth Report (edited)

Snipes
Snipes Member
edited October 11 in Report a Bug

This happened for me maybe 2 months ago or something, so there may already be a discussion on it that I can't find.

On the Dashboard, my Net Worth reports correctly. On the Reports section under the Net Worth tab, it also reports correctly in the top graph area.

At the bottom, there is a little chart that shows the last 6 months of Net Worth, Assets, and Debt with Assets and Debt able to be expanded/collapsed. What appears to be missing - and is creating the difference for me - is that the 529 accounts I have appear to have been moved from where they were before (either Savings, Other Investments, something) to a new category called "Education". This category doesn't show up under the Assets collapsible section - resulting in my Net Worth here being lower by that Education total than is reported in the other locations I had stated.

I just wanted to report the bug in case you weren't aware.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@Snipes, thanks for posting to the Community!

Is the account in question classified as an "Other Asset"? If so, you are likely seeing this known issue:

Please be sure to follow the Alert for updates if this is the case. I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11

I just set up a test account designated as a 529 with a balance of $1000 and made the account available for reports. It shows up in the Account list under Investments > Education, as @Snipes points out, but it is not showing up in the Net Worth report.

The Education Investment type account needs to be added to the Net Worth report as an Assest the same as all other Assest accounts do.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie

529 Plan is one of the types of investment accounts available for selection. The 529 Plan selection will create an account that is listed in the Accounts list under Investment Accounts with the subcategory of Education.

However, the Investment subcategory Education is not being added to the list in under Assests in the Net Worth report page.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Thanks, @DannyB, I found it!

I was able to reproduce this issue and have gotten it reported. I will post back with updates!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-23559