Pending transactions not reflected in cash flow balance

Engaiging
Engaiging Member
edited October 15 in Troubleshooting

Several times over the last month I have noticed that transaction reminders/pending transactions are not accurately reflected in the cash flow balance. For example, my current account balance is $2286.14, I have 3 pending transactions from my bank totaling $1870.01, yet my cash flow balance is not reflecting these at all. This is obviously problematic. Whether the transaction is a reminder, pending, or cleared, the future cash flow balance should reflect the transaction. A similar recurring error in calculating the account balance is why I stopped using Quicken Desktop 15 years ago. I also noticed that the cash flow balance routinely shows negative when deposits and debits are scheduled for the same day, which is not how it should work. Deposits are required to be posted before any debits, and Simplifi should follow this logic. Finally, why does the past cash flow balance indicate "projected" balance? Once a date passes, you know the balance, it should reflect the actual balance.

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Engaiging

It looks like your graph is stuck somehow. I just checked all my accounts and all transactions both cleared and pending up to today are reflected in the cash flow charts. Are you seeing this in any of your other accounts?

I think I would log out and close QS then reopen and sign back in to see if that fixes this.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Engaiging
    Engaiging Member

Tried that, opened in an incognito window. No change. The "projected balance" from 10/14 is wrong - it looks like the $1870.01 that is pending was actually added to the bank reported balance on 10/14, then deducted in today's pending balance, which is not correct. I am not noticing it on any other accounts, but I also don't have many recurring transactions on other accounts to compare to.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Engaiging,

Thank you for reaching out! To clarify, is your account balance currently correct? Is it just the projected cash flow graph that is currently incorrect? In the past, once the transactions come out of pending status do they appear in the projected cash flow graph, if you have noticed?

Thanks, and let us know!

-Coach Jon