Add a Report for Other Spending (edited)

opie
opie Member
edited October 17 in Feature Requests

I really like the spending plan and find the “other spending” category to be useful as an area I need to focus on tracking my spend

on reports - could we add a filter or toggle to see only costs included in “other spending” on my spending plan?

that way I can see how “other spending” is trending over time and see how it’s changing by vendor and sub category like “dining out”, “entertainment “ etc

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17

This may be hard to do since "Other Spending" like "Planned Spending" and "Bills and Subscriptions" are constructs of the Spending Plan. To Reports, it is just spending in categories and you can view it by dates, accounts, payees or categories. Other Spending which I guess is unplanned I don't use. I just mark it as a one-time bill and move it to Bills & Income and move on.

If they did it, it would probably have to be within Spending Plan and offer an overview of the past year or past two years. The vision, I think, is that after the month's over, it's the past and on to the next Spending Plan.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• opie
    opie Member

it may be a little harder than other filters, but not impossible - the transactions are already tagged as being in “other spending” somewhere in the background to make it the spending plan screen work. This is just leveraging that same tag in reports.

I think it is still worth doing.

perhaps as a quicker interim measure - they could add the ability to see totals be vendor in each category of “other spending” instead of individual transactions- so I can see if there’s a particular place im spending too much or my “other spending” money at.