Reminder will not link to transaction

RockLee
RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 17 in Troubleshooting

Given this reminder:

And given this transaction:

this is intended to be a recurring transfer of a monthly credit card payment. This month, for some reason, the transfer amount was $4181, instead of the ending balance stated for the card of $4240. I assume this is why it did not link automatically. However, when I got to "link the transaction" manually for the reminder I get this:

Why would the transaction not appear in this popup box? What criteria is being used to filter the transactions? I've tried to search all Accounts and search for "cardmember" without luck, which I would expect given these just narrow the criteria.

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@RockLee

Try connecting the transaction to the recurring series from the transaction side. Find the transaction in the bank register, click on the 3 dot menus and select View Transaction and then select Mark as recurring.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭

@DannyB

Thanks, so from the transaction side I used "link to existing recurring" which then gives me this weirdness:

So it modifies the original transaction to indicate a transfer back to Chase, then creates a new transaction.

I'm confident I can finangle Simplifi to show the correct transactions and links to reminders, I've done it enough times, but I'm curious as to the core issue here, why does it do this.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @RockLee,

Thanks for reaching out. While Quicken Simplifi does its best to auto-match incoming transactions to recurring transactions, sometimes it may miss a transaction based on the details. You may consider changing the series match criteria. More information on how to do this can be found in this article: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/9174873-amount-matching-for-recurring-transactions

As for why it created a new transaction after linking from the transaction itself, I am not sure. I would suggest removing the duplicate and if this happens again to let us know.

Thanks,

Coach Jon