Bank of Hawaii returns FDP-107 Error

makapuu
makapuu Member

Bank of Hawaii is in the process of upgrading their platforms. Yesterday I upgraded, and since then I have gotten the FDP-107 error in Simplifi. I had not changed any information in Simplifi. Attention to resolving this would be greatly appreciated

I contacted Simplifi Support, and was less than thrilled by the response. The representative walked me through a few troubleshooting steps, then asked "could you please provide me a screenshot of the bank account summary page showing the webpage's URL address. " I uploaded a screenshot of that URL information, but that was apparently insufficient. The representative told me a "complete screenshot" was required, not just the URL, and that a redacted screenshot to protect my account information would not work.

Any clarification as to why my account balances are required to resolve a bank connection issue would be greatly appreciated, as this violates what I consider pretty basic security and privacy concerns.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @makapuu,

Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for the recent trouble with the Bank of Hawaii. I can confirm that we would indeed need the information requested by the support representative you chatted with in order to escalate, however. Our escalations require sufficient proof and examples in order to investigate a possible solution. I would definitely suggest reaching back out via that chat and following up with the requested information, otherwise we would not be able to escalate the issue.

I hope this makes sense,

Coach Jon

• makapuu
    makapuu Member

Thanks for the confirmation. I will upload that file to see if this issue can be resolved. However, I would highly recommend rethinking these policies, as asking customers to reveal account information in order to resolve bank connections seems unnecessarily intrusive. I don't know what the back-end looks like for that, but I don't know why knowing my bank account balances would be necessary to fix a connection issue. At least allowing that information to be redacted, while still proving that I hold the accounts, is much more palatable.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @makapuu,

Thanks for your reply. I do understand completely. The bank is likely already on top of working with Intuit and other third-party online banking aggregators to make sure users can stay connected via those platforms, as this is usually the case, so if you don't feel comfortable sharing your information, you can hold off for a bit to see if things resolve. You can also contact the bank to report the issue from that end, which is more secure since the bank already has all of your information. You might learn from the bank that they are already fixing things with Intuit even!

Hope this helps!

-Coach Jon