Adding recurring bill from transaction screen

asubbaiyanprof
asubbaiyanprof Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in Report a Bug
Adding a Recurring bill directly from the transaction screen is broken.

'Can't create recurrence. Try again later.', but it still created in the backend with a random/monthly frequency; I ended up creating several dupes by trying again, as suggested.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you experienced these difficulties in Simplifi over the weekend.

I'm unable to replicate this today from either the Web or the Mobile Applications. Are you still experiencing an issue?

Please let us know so we can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• asubbaiyanprof
    Yes, it did this morning but seems okay now and no longer getting ''Can't create recurrence. Try again later.''
  • Coach Natalie
    edited October 2020

Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

Glad to hear it's working now! Please let us know if the issue reoccurs!

-Coach Natalie

• asubbaiyanprof
    Hi, it is intermittent and still receiving '''Can't create recurrence. Try again later.'''
  • Coach Natalie

Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

I apologize that I still don't seem to be able to replicate this issue this morning.

The next time you experience the issue, would you mind uploading a screenshot of the error? That way, I'll have some replicable data to provide to my Product Team regarding this.

Also, are you experiencing this on the Simplifi Mobile App or the Web App?

Thank you,

Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

Thanks for the screenshot! Is this occurring on the Simplifi Mobile App or the Web App?

-Coach Natalie

• asubbaiyanprof
    I tried only from the web App
  • Coach Natalie

Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

Thanks for confirming! I do have just one last question before I get this Bug Report submitted. Is this occurring when attempting to create a Recurring Series from any transaction, or have you noticed it occurring on just income transactions, certain types of expense transactions, in a specific account only, etc.

Please let me know! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• asubbaiyanprof
    I tried only on Expenses and Transfer; it's happening on both, never tried from Income yet
  • asubbaiyanprof
    It's tough to understand the pattern, as it worked on October 26th at an expense that is but broken now.
  • Coach Natalie

Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

So when it occurs, it occurs on multiple transactions across any account during that time, it's not just happening with one, and then you're able to move on to the next and create the Series successfully?

I just want to make sure that while it's occurring, it's occurring across the board.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    edited February 2022

Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

From the sounds of it, there is no pattern, you just continue to intermittently experience the issue.

I think I have all I need to get this Bug Report submitted, but please let me know if you think of anything else! Otherwise, I will be in touch with you as soon as I have an update to provide on the escalation.

Thanks so much!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-7898 / QCS-9749

• Coach Natalie

Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

I've received an update from my Team on this escalation -- would you mind letting me know what the dates were on the transactions that you are attempting to make Recurring when you received the error?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• asubbaiyanprof
    pretty much all bills from October 2020
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

Thank you for your continued patience as this issue is being worked on!

Since quite a bit of time has passed since we originally reported this issue, I wanted to check back to see if it's still occurring. If so, please provide us with a fresh example transaction that this has recently occurred with that includes the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as an outline of what specifically occurred when attempting to create the Recurring Series from the transaction. 

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option by following these steps: 
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @asubbaiyanprof,

Have you been able to take a look at this, by chance? Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

I just wanted to reach out one last time before closing the escalation. Please be sure to let us know if you're still seeing this issue in Simplifi. 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

Since I haven't heard back from you, we did go ahead and get the escalation closed out. 

Please be sure to let us know if there's anything further we can assist with!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.