Add a Filter for "Untagged" (edited)

Options
SZR
SZR Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

Can you add the ability to filter by "Untagged"?
Currently, the only way to do this is to add a dummy tag and apply it to all transactions, but I need to constantly do this.

I tag all my business expenses and want o exclude them from reports, but you cannot just exclude a single tag from a report, you can only add fiilters. so I'd like to filter my transactions to remove all business ones by filtering by untagged

Can we add an option to the below dialog to filter by untagged?

26 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• tnixon42
    Options

+1 on this. We should be able to exclude transactions from a report based on the tags. I'm not particular whether this involves a "negative" filter - or a catch-all "untagged" option, but we should be able to do this.

My use case for this: spending on vacation is often very different from spending at home. I would like to exclude transactions tagged as "vacation", so I can get a clearer picture of my normal (at home) spending trends.

• kirbsauce
    Options

+1 - I too need this. Very similar to "Reviewed" but under my control. A few options...

1. Give me the ability to turn off "Reviewed" automation.

2. Give me the ability to assign a tag for each new transaction.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I voted for it because it seems reasonable, but in 3 years i was only the 7th vote, so i'm not counting on this getting priority.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I’m not sure how useful this would be as a filter for reports, or at least I’d need more clarification. One can use categories to include or exclude certain expenses or categories of expenses from reports.

In the case of business related expenses one could create a Business Expense category and leave it unchecked for personal spending reports and include it for business expense reports. The same with Vacation expenses. You can create tags to use within these categories if you want to see how expenses within a category are broken down.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • OverdoingIt
    Options

I normally only put tags out one-off items. It would be very helpful to be able to filter spending by transactions that have no tags, as you can in quicken classic

Thank you!!

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I accidentally deleted a tag this morning that I use heavily (I was deleting tags because Simplifi has some sort of auto-tag-generation functionality that I find just clutters things up).

It would be really nice to add the ability to filter transactions based on the absence of a tag, category, or flag.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

We also have a request for an "Untagged" filter specifically: [removed link to merged thread]

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thatis what I wanted! Please merge this with that thread

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

While this request is being reviewed for implementation, one can view untagged transactions under reports for Spending or Income. Use breakdown by tag.

Click on Untagged and the transactions without a tag are listed on the transaction activity below the report.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• OKDave
    Options

This was a feature I used on Mint - I would love to see it over here!