More Bulk Edit Options including Bulk "Mark as Reviewed" [edited] (8 Merged Votes)

bcrossman
bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

The review feature for transactions is great. Two suggestions:

1. Incorporate it into the mobile apps so transactions can be reviewed and marked as such on phones.

2. Allow for batch reviewing, so multiple transactions can be marked as reviewed with one click, rather than doing each individually. I know the web version already allows batch editing of transactions, but I don’t think this feature includes the ability to mark selected transactions as reviewed.

Thanks!

28 votes

Completed · Last Updated

The ability to mark transactions as 'Reviewed' already exists on the Mobile App, and we have now added the ability to bulk mark transactions as 'Reviewed' on the Web App!

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@bcrossman Both excellent suggestions! I was very happy when the "reviewed" option was added to Simplifi, because it made it much easier to spot things I hadn't categorized before.

• under_crtl
    under_crtl Member ✭✭

Without batch update of "reviewed", the feature is not very useful.

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭

If I had to prioritize, I'd like to see the batch reviewing added to the web version first. If one has 100+ transactions a week, it's not a time-friendly feature but is still useful.

• Coach Tappan

@bowgy4 I see your point! And, apparently, so do other users, since the "vote count" on this topic keeps going up!

• prat0088
    prat0088 Member ✭✭✭

On the web app:

I would like to select multiple transactions with check marks and then click a button at the top on the toolbar to mark all of them with the green check mark at one time. Similar to how I can bulk assign categories.

• Coach Tappan

@prat0088 You've got sharp eyes. I thought that was possible on Simplifi's transactions page, but it's not! I do think I understand why, but that doesn't mean it can't be changed. Most column headings (Date, Status, Payee, etc.) can only be used for sorting -- ascending or descending. The Checkmark at the top of the "Reviewed Status" column has three options, depending on how many times you click on it: "Display only Reviewed," "Display only Unreviewed," and "Display both Reviewed and Unreviewed." Enabling a fourth option -- "Toggle between Reviewed and Unreviewed" once items are selected, might get complicated. Another way to do it, that would be consistent with other parts of the program, if not quite as elegant, would be to add "Reviewed / Unreviewed" to the bulk-edit box that pops up when you select the Pencil icon from the Edit Bar. Thanks for the suggestion!

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Bulk Edit on multiple transactions is a great feature! The one thing it seems to be missing is the ability to mark transactions as Reviewed in batch. Could that be added please?
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @EL1234,

Great suggestion! I have gone ahead and merged your post with an existing Idea for this same feature request. :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thank you!
  • shanedeiley
    shanedeiley Member ✭✭

Would love to also be able to bulk edit the follow transaction attributes:

• mark as reviewed
    • Ignore from spending plan
    • Ignore from reports
  • phoerr
    phoerr Member ✭✭
    Any updates on this feature request? I just started using Simplifi and am working on importing old transactions. I don't want to have to manually click to mark each of the 1000+ transactions as reviewed.

It seems like it should be fairly straightforward to add to the Edit Multiple Transactions window. Would it be possible to get an estimate on when this could be implemented?
  • NFK
    NFK Member
    I want to add my voice to this thread PLEASE add the option to mark multiple transactions as reviewed to the "edit multiple transactions" feature. It's a little thing that would make a big difference.

It's so inconvenient to have to go back and find all the individual transactions that you just edited through the multiple-edit feature -- they often get lost or missed, especially if you initially found them by searching for one category, and then they disappear from that list when you change the category. 
  • Brett Garwood
    Brett Garwood Member
    edited May 2021
    This is an ABSOLUTE MUST for new people otherwise they will simply never get marked. I just imported over a decade of transactions.
  • Gerry C
    Gerry C Member ✭✭
    Can you add more options to "Edit Multiple Transactions" ? Like "Ignore from Reports", "Reviewed", "Is a bill" ?
  • MKEsarnowski
    MKEsarnowski Member
    This needs to be added and added quickly. I like the feature, but the fact that you introduced it on all our transactions with no way to bulk update past interactions so you could get caught up is bonkers. I have been click individual transactions FOREVER to get myself up to speed to leveraging the filter is actually useful.
This discussion has been closed.