Provide a separate grouping for Charitable Giving (in Spending Plan/Recurring Series)

Options
scottnliz
scottnliz Member ✭✭✭✭
I budget to regularly give to charitable organizations in my monthly budget.  I would like my spending plan and recurring series settings to separate this out from Income/Bills/Subscriptions/Savings.

Right now, I'm using Subscriptions to track these, but it seems strange to me.
11 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Absolutely agree!  I've also noticed this...my monthly scheduled giving is currently listed under BILLS, but that seems weird since they're not bills; they're giving.  I'll try @scottnliz 's idea for now of putting them under Subscriptions instead...since there are fewer of them...still seems odd.

Ultimately though, it would make sense to have them under their own grouping under the Spending Plan>Total to spend (Income, Bills, Giving, Subscriptions, Savings Goals).

This would allow us to more easily calculate what percentage of our income we're giving and - hopefully - keep incrementing it up.  If Simplifi actually figured this % for us, that would be great!

This could be an easy way for Simplifi to help encourage/promote generosity through software design!
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I want to boost this idea post from @scottnliz.  It’s a great idea and I’d love to see it implemented.  The way I envision it, it would look something like this.  Ideally, it would even have a % displayed to show how you stand.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also added my vote for this idea.  I currently have my giving listed under Bills, though @scottnliz and @Flopbot are right charitable giving doesn’t quite fit in either.  
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer