After a set of ludicrously circular conversations with the AI chatbot, I'm posting here to see if other humans are experiencing something similar with the Watchlist "This month: Spent so far" amounts being wrong (way too high). I have about six watchlists I use regularly to monitor my spending, and I discovered yesterday that the "This month: Spent so far" amounts are too high (but without an obvious reason — no pending, hidden, or upcoming expenses to explain the discrepancy, or obvious pattern with the inaccuracy). When I open the watchlist, I believe bar chart total for this month is correct. This issue appears on the web app and Android phone app.
I changed most Watchlists to use a single category (Travel) where I can easily verify the total ($28.80) and also resaved a few. That seemed to fix the "This month: Spent so far" amounts. But now (an hour later?), the "This month: Spent so far" amounts are out of whack again. At first I thought maybe it was when I recategorized a transaction, a ghost transaction remained in the Watchlist total, but that doesn't fully explain it.
Hopefully this is a temporary issue and/or tech teams are addressing. I also filed "feedback" via my profile but no obvious indication that a person will ever see that report.