For our business, we have a new CC that I've attached to Simplifi. All total, there are three accounts…
Two are actual CC's (one for me, one for my wife). The third is the central billing account. Whenever there's spending on a CC, it shows up in both account registers; the register for the CC that spent it AND the register for the central billing account. When it comes time to pay the bill, I really care about the central billing account. When it comes time for reporting, I just want transactions counted once.
I've never worked with a central billing account before and I'm not sure how best to handle it in Simplifi. Should I:
- A) Only connect the Central Billing Account and ignore the other two accounts?
- B) Add all three accounts, but somehow block the duplicated CC accounts from counting towards reporting, etc.
- C) Something else I'm not thinking of.
If I go with (A), what do I do with Recurring Series that are tied to one of the CC's? Do I just attach them to the Central Billing Account even thought that's not technically the account that paid them.
Thanks for any advise and thoughts!