I have a series for a specific expense.
I am trying to make a series for the reimbursement against that expense.
I want them both categorized to the expense category.
I used to be able to do this: to enter a series that is categorized as an expense category and to change the value to a positive value.
I already have many series set up exactly in this way.
After the most recent app update it no longer allows me to do this. The only way that I can get the app to show the value as positive is to change the type to income - as opposed to a bill or a subscription.
As soon as I do this it wipes out the category that I had set with the specific purpose of expense and reimbursement and it replaces the category with something like personal income.
I change the category back to the correct category and it makes the value go negative again.
I share these expenses with another person who reimburses me for half of them every month. I want both transactions to show up under the same category and the resulting total to be the half that ultimately I am ending up paying.