Merrill Lynch Benefits Online has been returning the following error for 4 days now:
Account needs attention
(Care code: FDP-105)
We are unable to connect to Merrill Lynch Benefits OnLine at this time. Please try again later.
@MightyIrish, thanks for reaching out to the community with this issue! We're happy to look into this with you and troubleshoot.
I confirmed the FDP-105 error with Merrill Lynch Benefits OnLine while reviewing your connection attempts on our end. It looks like the error first began on 9/19/26. This error occurs when our connection to your bank is throttled, limiting successful connection attempts, or when a server outage occurs. More details can be found here: https://support.simplifi.quicken.com/en/articles/13795819-errors-fdp-102-fdp-105-when-using-online-services-in-quicken-simplifi
To start, I recommend establishing a completely fresh connection with the bank and getting a new access token to see whether that clears things up. This will also allow us to confirm the error. Here are the steps to follow:
Let us know how things go!
Same error after following these steps
@MightyIrish, thank you for giving those steps a try and posting back!
The next step is to allow 48 hours to see whether the error resolves on its own. Since it's already been more than 48 hours, I recommend contacting our Support team directly for more advanced help, as they have the tools to gather any needed data and determine the best path forward. https://support.simplifi.quicken.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support
Let us know how things go with Support in case it's helpful for other users!
The connection stopped working a few days ago.
reset didn't work
Deleted the account, initial login and consent request is fine.
I can see a refreshed 3rd party access approval on my ML account.
yet I get this:
=========================================
Merrill Lynch Benefits OnLine
ml.com
Authorization access required
We are unable to connect to Merrill Lynch Benefits OnLine at this time. Please try again later. Care Code: FDP-105
===============================================
One thing that maybe relevant or not.
if I manually login at ml.com (the simplfi link) I fail but when i login to benefits.ml.com i have access to my account.
Any and all help appreciated.
Within a few hours Merrill app seems to have revoked the 3rd party access
Hi @Darn4nr,
Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this! I’m sorry you’re running into this connection issue with Merrill Lynch Benefits Online.
I confirmed the FDP-105 error on our end. This error can occur when the connection to the financial institution is being throttled or when there is a server-side issue affecting the connection.
I also appreciate the additional detail about being able to sign in successfully through benefits.ml.com, while the secure connection through ml.com is not working. That may be relevant here
Since you’ve already tried resetting and deleting/re-adding the account, the next step I recommend is establishing a completely fresh connection and generating a new access token:
When going through the connection flow, please also be sure to select all accounts when prompted in the secure browsing window, as Merrill Lynch's message indicates. More details about this error can be found here: https://support.simplifi.quicken.com/en/articles/13795819-errors-fdp-102-fdp-105-when-using-online-services-in-quicken-simplifi
Please let us know how this goes. If you're still receiving the FDP-105 after completing the fresh connection, we'll be happy to continue looking into it with you.
Thanks!
This does not work as the accounts don't get added even after selecting add all.
Here is the sequence of events:
1- Add new account —> I can authenticate, I give consent → consent shows up as active (changed from removed) in my ML account for "Quicken via Intuit"
2- somewhere in that flow it asks me which accounts, I add all
3- it circles "establishing connection" (or something like that)
4- It fails
The account shows up in the settings <top right gear> → accounts → at the bottom below the manual accounts as 1 line without the actual accounts in it. It says far right before the 3 vertical dots "updated" in green. NO actual accounts I added are listed hence I cant make them manual.
So its not an auth issue, its that the accounts even after auth, consent and selected all to add - don't actual get added.
After some time (30mins?) the account disappears from the bottom and my ML account shows the 3rd party access as revoked instead of active.
Looking forward for more suggestions as to what might be going on.
Thanks for the detailed information. I’m sorry you’re still running into this.
Since the authentication and consent are completing successfully, but the accounts are not being added and the connection ultimately drops, I recommend reaching out to our Support team directly for more advanced assistance. They can review the connection attempt with the appropriate tools and escalate it internally if needed.
You can find the available Support options here: https://support.simplifi.quicken.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support
Please reference the Merrill Lynch Benefits OnLine FDP-105 issue and this Community thread when contacting
ya it’s been out for just m/l bennies for… well since this originalpost. I suspect this isn’ta single user issue
Hi everyone,
Has anyone affected by this issue reached out to Quicken Simplifi Support yet? If so, could you let us know what troubleshooting was performed and what the outcome was?
I have submitted a case
Have the same issue and it started around the same time as others in this thread reported the issue. I'll reach out directly to Support.
@SMSL,
Thanks for confirming! If you receive any information or an update from Support, please let us know. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to them!
Hello everyone,
We now have an Alert for this issue that everyone can follow for updates!
Thank you for your patience while we work on this.
Why is it that after about a year I seem to consistently encounter issues accessing my Merrill Lynch Benefit accounts. About a year ago I had the same problem and thought I had a fix. Unfortunately the problem surfaced again this month. I've deleted all the account records and started from scratch to no avail. Now this time I tried something different. I added the first account and it worked but when I add a second it fails. Why would the connection succeed with one account but when I add the other two it fails?
And why does this consistently only happen to my Merrill Lynch Benefit accounts? So frustrating.
Reference: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/14298/merrill-lynch-unable-to-connect-care-code-fdp-105#latest
I started having the same issue with my ML Benefits accounts last week. This time I was able to add just one account successfully out of three. The other two will not work. Seems every year around this time I seem to encounter issues with ML Benefits access.
See if you can add just one account back.
@Bay Area Savers, thank you for sharing your experience with the community! We definitely understand how frustrating connection issues can be.
I merged your post here with the existing thread for this issue. We have an Alert that you can follow for updates as this issue is being worked on:
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this!
FWIW ML by default revokes access to 3rd party apps after 12 months. My problems also started around 12mo after I 1st signed up however I couldn't validate due to the fact setting up a new account initially allows the access but after about 15mins drops the approval as part of the current bug/issue of not being able to add accounts within ML.
Bringing this here as the symptoms and sequence of events could be related.
@SPLarrabee, thank you for sharing your experience with the community! We definitely understand the frustration caused by this issue
We appreciate your patience as we work on this!
FWIW:
Just now I was able to successfully to access ML Benefits online and the accounts were added correctly.
Can confirm it has begun working for me again as well.
My access is now restored. I was able to add all my ML Benefits accounts.