I'm experiencing a recurring issue with the Balance with Pending calculation in Simplifi for my Chase checking account.
The transactions are downloading correctly, and the Bank Balance matches Chase. However, the Balance with Pending is significantly incorrect.
For example, on October 8:
- Chase bank balance: $2,700.69
- Actual pending transactions: $780.66
- Correct available balance: $1,920.03
- Simplifi Balance with Pending: -$713.85 ( this one is the issue)
- Simplifi's reported without pending: $2700.69
Simplifi is somehow including an additional $2,633.88 in pending transactions that do not appear in the transaction list.
I've tried changing the Balance Resolution settings and resetting the Chase connection. Resetting temporarily fixes the problem, but it returns after synchronization.
Customer support suggested switching the display to Bank Balance, which shows the correct posted balance, but that doesn't resolve the incorrect pending calculation.
I found a potentially related issue, SIMPL-32270, reported in the community.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a known fix? I'd appreciate having this investigated because it also raises concerns about the accuracy of projected cash flow.