Tell us what led you to try Simplifi!

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited January 2023 in The Water Cooler
What led you to try Simplifi, and what products have you tried before Simplifi? Tell us how we compare! :smiley:
Tagged:

Comments

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used Mint.com for over 10 years before switching.  During the latter stages of that time span, I would periodically look at other options on the market but many did not have the set of features that I was looking for... until Simplifi came along.

Financial management is a high priority for me, so I don't mind that it's a pay product.  I appreciate the timeliness of the support team and knowing that my ticket will be actively worked on (which is much different than the tech support abyss from Mint where even after months support would still claim they were "working on it"). 

I also love the engagement of the Simplifi team on this community.  It makes me feel that the product is actively worked on (vs. Intuit just letting Mint languish as they focus on their other products).

I certainly don't miss the intrusive ads from the "free" sites.

Overall, I am very happy with Simplifi but as, with anything, there are opportunities:
    1) Improved feature testing -- As much as I love to see new features, I think some features in the past have been released prematurely.  For example, there was a span of time when most of the fixes for weeks were on Goals.

2)  Better account connectivity -- I love the posts on new financial institutions being supported but can't help feel left out on others.  For example, I've been patiently waiting for my 529 to be supported after 18 months of first reporting it.  Mint supported it and even my bank (Ally) can connect to it, so my 529 custodian definitely supports external financial tools such as Simplifi.
  • robrawks
    Options
    Quicken to YNAB. 

I really loved YNAB's budget and debt payoff mentality. I didn't like the manual process to add items and to adjust. The accounts where never real time. I spent my time checking my checking account. 
  • Antonio M
    Options
    I never liked the idea of sticking to a tight budget plan, so I created spreadsheets that allowed me to make long term plans, while keeping an eye on the money left for day-to-day and unplanned expenses. Then I saw Simplifi on Wirecutter, and it seemed to be built on the same principles of flexibility and ease of use that I was aiming for, so I figured it was time to upgrade to a proper budgeting tool.
This discussion has been closed.