Ability to Filter by Flag (edited)

Options
MrGood
MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Feature Requests
I would like to use the flag feature more often.  However, the lack of a search/filter feature to easily identify flagged transactions keeps me from using flags more often.  Instead, I normally just keep transactions as unreviewed (vs flagging).  Is there a plan to introduce filtering by flags?
42 votes

Completed · Last Updated

The ability to filter transactions by 'Flag' is now available in Simplifi!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @MrGood,

Thank you for posting this suggestion to the Community!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it and our Product Team can review it. Please be sure to add your vote as well! :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • AaronS
    Options
    Would also be great to allow Watchlist and/or Reports to include a flag so you can run a report of all of the flagged plans.  
  • kwillikaw1
    Options
    Flags are meant for you to keep a list of things you need to look into after  reviewing them.  This does not work well if you cannot see a list of your flags by filtering on them.  I am suing a "Review" tag for this now instead, since you can filter by Tags.  But it would be easier to do this with flags if you could filter by flagged transactions.
  • preger
    preger Member
    Options
    Super weird that there would be a column that you can't filter on, period. I view this more as a "bug" than a "missing feature".
  • cfoxcvg
    cfoxcvg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big thumbs up. Flags are very limited if you can't search or filter by them. 
  • hapachick
    Options
    I vote this is a very needed feature.
  • hapachick
    Options
    Yes!!! What's the point of the flag if you can't filter to find it?
  • Sox
    Sox Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    hapachick said:

I just spent 20 mins flagging transactions to follow up later and then realized there’s no way to get a list of them. That’s frustrating. 
  • GStein
    Options
    I just got the Simpifi application, and I love it so far! Just one problem I'm having is being able to filter out the flags. I'd like to easily find the flagged transitions I have. Right now, I'm just making a note of them on a separate word document...

It would be great if you guys would be able to add this feature! 
  • MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @GStein -- While the Dev team evaluates this feature request, one potential alternative (vs. using the Word document) is to create a tag for each flag color you would use (e.g., RED FLAG).  Tags are filterable, so it's a decent workaround that keeps everything within Simplifi vs. an offline doc.
  • PeteTheGolfer
    Options
    Add my vote for being able to filter by flag and color.  Just wondering, what was the flag supposed to be for, if you can't filter for them?
  • doriansl23
    Options
    Sox said:
    hapachick said:

I just spent 20 mins flagging transactions to follow up later and then realized there’s no way to get a list of them. That’s frustrating. 
    I just did this myself. It makes sense to expand the flag functionality as part of a filter or search option.
  • cfields
    cfields Member ✭✭
    Options
    Are there any updates on this issue?  I agree that having flags with no way to filter or find them is a very needed feature.  
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @cfields,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sadly, there is no further update to provide on this request as of yet, however, please be sure to continue following along here for future updates.

-Coach Natalie 
  • Bort400
    Options
    Without the ability to filter, the flag feature is useless.
    the tag work around is fine, but hope this gets corrected.
  • Perx
    Perx Member
    Options

yes. This.

• Kristina V
    Options

I agree. I started flagging transactions and then when I went back to follow up on the flags, there is no way to find the transactions that are flagged. Scrolling through and looking for them takes way too much time.

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

It's here y'all! Flag filtering now available on the webapp.

• Perx
    Perx Member
    Options

Just saw this had been added, fantastic feature!

This discussion has been closed.