What version of Simplifi do you prefer?

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited January 2023 in The Water Cooler
We want to know what version of Simplifi you prefer -- Mobile or Web? Please also let us know why! :smiley:
Tagged:

Comments

• Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    So far I prefer the mobile client. I do wish there was a proper application for the iPad as well. 
  • Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Web all the way -- I can do a lot more with the keyboard and a full size screen.
  • Kristina S.
    Kristina S. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Web because mobile have all of the features and mainly because I don't like looking at data on a tiny screen :) 
  • MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the moment, given the amount of time I'm at home and being able to access a computer, I prefer the web version.  However, when we start going back to being on the move, I think the mobile version will become more important.  
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I definitely use the web more, being able to see everything on the dashboard is really helpful. I do like the mobile app, but I find I have to scroll/search/click a little more to find what I'm looking for.
  • Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    I, too, prefer the web version due to the size, but I love that I see the same information regardless of which version I'm using. 
  • seanmsmitty
    seanmsmitty Member ✭✭
    Options
    I prefer and use the web version multiple times a day to manage our overall personal finances. I mainly use the mobile app to check account balances and our spending plan before making a purchase as well as to snap receipts and enter transactions while on the go so our budget is always up to date and accurate.
  • tapierce
    tapierce Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I use both the web app and iOS app.  The iOS app lets me check my balances on the fly and also categorize transactions when necessary.  However, I use the web app when I need to maintain subscriptions or bills and when I need to manually import transactions to my accounts that don’t auto update (such as my Apple Card). 
    ~Terry

"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." ~ Paul Ehrlich
  • Bob1
    Bob1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobile for sure - but Web is nice with dark mode.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Primarily the web.  I might be carrying baggage, but I've never had a lot of luck with mobile financial apps (i.e. Quicken) which would make me shy away from using your app here. For years and years, in Quicken, the app was slow, had issues syncing, and couldn't display my budget.  Eventually I gave up even trying.  In playing around with the Simplifi App (still a Quicken product), I found it to be slow on Android and not ideal - though faster - on iPad.  I'm too new to have noticed if it has problems syncing.

What I've done instead is to install it on both my Android Tablet and my wife's iPad so we both receive push notofications - since you don't offer a way to send text message notifications to a second person.  Then, on the iPad, I just added a shortcut to Web which is what ideally she'd use to view spending, etc. The link to the App has been hidden and will never get used.

For normal maintenance, I'd use a laptop and then attach receipts via the iPad Web App after refreshing it.  That's worked pretty well so far. 
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • 5impl5abi
    5impl5abi Member ✭✭
    Options
    Web version for it's speed & responsiveness. Within Android mobile app, the 1) delayed refreshing of transactions, 2) generally laggy interface (think: flipping between tiles), 3) the multiple extra taps to do things, 4) requirement to hit "Save" and waiting for the spinner to finish doing it's thing are, well, mildly infuriating. In fact, the updating/refreshing spinner is ever-present in the mobile app. Since data refreshes happen in the background in the Web version, the UX is much, much better.
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like both but probably the web for ease of entry.
  • shinyllama
    shinyllama Member ✭✭
    Options
    I prefer doing budget work on the web because I have a large curved monitor and it's easier to pull up other pertinent info in a separate window to view at the same time. For example, if I want to split a transaction, I can have the digital receipt for the purchase pulled up in a separate window right next to Simplifi to make it easier. Or if I need to look up my amazon purchase history to categorize purchases, I can just pull that up alongside Simplifi.

The app is nice to have though so I can check on the fly how I'm doing on the budget so far this month to make a spending decision when I'm out and about.
  • mverbree
    mverbree Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I use both but by far the web version because I usually am using this while processing my bills at my desk.  Also was never one to like the small phone screens.
  • JTerbeek
    JTerbeek Member ✭✭
    Options
    I use both but prefer mobile in general. I like to do a morning view and it's a great at-a-glance view. I also like the "reviewed" checkbox and subsequent check marks when I review transactions in the mobile app. This doesn't seem to exist in the web version, which I find very odd and a helpful update. It helps me ensure proper categorization and I can easily see what I have reviewed.
This discussion has been closed.