Would love to see Dark Mode on Mobile [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

Options
2»

Comments

• David-55726
    Options

what does ‘down the road a ways’ translate to? Can you give a timeline? Is it planned for a specific quarter? Has the development team begun work or is it still in a backlog?

I use the mobile app as little as possible because it doesn’t support this. Probably going to ditch it all together in favor of something that does.

• Seanlmoody
    Options

Leaving a comment to show my support for this. Kind of wild that a paid subscription app hasn’t been able to implement dark mode when almost every other app out there has this ability. Please help our eyes and include a dark mode!

• Shenaniganz
    Options

With the influx of former Mint users, hopefully this gets some traction.

• kellytaylor71
    Options

+1 from me.

It’s difficult reading with the standard light background

• LAGuy83
    Options

Former mint user here. Please do a dark mode in the mobile app. The bright white is hard on the eyes. Monarch has a dark mode which isa big advantage. Simplifi could use an update to its visuals in general, but dark mode would be a good first step in the right direction

• Allan A
    Allan A Member
    Options

+1 from another Mint user. It annoyed me that their Android app didn't have it either. As someone who likes to check their accounts at night, it would be very helpful

• reticent67
    Options

Like many others here, I'm trying to find a Mint alternative. I really like some of the features, even more so than Monarch - especially the price point. However, without a dark mode, I refuse to use the app. I'll be canceling my account because of this.

• hmoritz
    hmoritz Member
    Options

I would love to see the mobile apps get a dark mode similar to the web UI!

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

It received 110 votes here and, as it says "Our Product Team plans to make Dark Mode available for the Mobile App!", and is no longer taking votes from what I can see…

[removed link to merged thread]

Rob Wilkens

• Christaaay
    Christaaay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This shows as planned but last updated in June. Is it coming soon? When?

• RyanG
    Options

Looking to get an update on this as I recently transferred from Mint and really need to have the dark mode option on my Android phone. Thanks in advance.

• divergentnate
    Options

I love this app but my spouse and brother won’t switch since there is not a dark mode. It is a rough transition from other apps with dark modes to this bright white app.

• cornymoo
    cornymoo Member
    Options

+1 vote

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, sometimes I open Simplifi on the phone at night or in the early morning. Dark mode will be nice, easier on the eyes. I am using dark mode on my PC too. The colors are bright on light mode.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Marky D
    Marky D Member
    Options

Appears the developers have gone dark on adding dark mode. <sigh>

• kegsofduff
    Options

+1

Using the app in the evenings is pretty rough.

• Dave5150
    Dave5150 Member ✭✭
    Options

I just launched this app for the first time in ages last night and was shocked it wasn’t in dark mode! This is literally the only app on my phone not supporting this. What in the world is the holdup guys?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

According to Simplifi's Reddit account, dark mode is coming this year. Will be nice.

Minter 2014-2023

• KeithK
    Options

+1 from a former Mint user. Dark Mode would be a wonderful and overdue feature.

• OMG HI
    OMG HI Member
    Options

I totally vote +1 for mobile dark theme.

I live my life one line of code at a time…

• MrDWPMAN
    MrDWPMAN Member
    Options

Yes! Yes! Please add mobile dark mode!!! 🙏

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 4
    Options

Great news! Version 5.0.0 has been pushed to both Android and iOS, and it has Dark Mode!! You can access the Dark Mode setting from the Profile icon in the upper right of the Dashboard:

We hope everyone loves this enhancement on the Mobile App!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4
    Options

Thanks @Coach Natalie - I also noticed the name change on the mobile app. Quicken Simplifi: Budget Smart.

Also, I saw dark mode enabled for the mobile app already for me as my setting carried over from my phone system settings. Nice!

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.