Ability to include any account in the Savings Report and not just Savings Accounts (edited)

Options
ramza1011
ramza1011 Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Feature Requests

Currently the Reports page has a Savings option that shows you your savings balances over time. However, there's no way that I've seen that gives you both Checking and Savings accounts. It'd be great to have this, as I'm having to go back to Mint to check that.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Tarang
    Tarang Member
    Options

Agreed. It should have the flexibility to select any type of account that one considers a liquid savings account. Checking account would be great, as I use a Cash Management Account (hybrid checking/savings account at investment companies; mine is at Fidelity). There are also other hybrid checking/savings accounts popping up from fintech companies. These accounts are typically classified as Cash and Checking by Simplifi, but people use them for both checkings and savings purposes so Reports and other features should have the ability to customize that.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Isn't this basically the same thing as the new Net Worth report when viewed monthly?

Rob Wilkens

• Tarang
    Tarang Member
    Options

Robert, yes it could be, but there is no ability to save custom reports (aka save the selected filters), so I find myself manually selecting the same filters every time to look at the things I care about (by default the Net Worth report selects everything; see my comment in the link below). In my opinion, both this feature request and the saving custom reports feature request would be valuable features to add to the product.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Tarang I voted for the idea you posted above.. I agree with the idea.

Rob Wilkens