Indicate if upcoming bills are "Autopay" or "Manual"

Options
dsdxp
dsdxp Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Feature Requests
I have a bunch of upcoming bills that I've connected to my billers, but there isn't a way to indicate which ones I have set to autopay and which ones I pay manually. 

The only work-around I've come up with for now is to rename each bill and add "A" in front of the ones that are autopay and "M" in front of the ones that are manual. 

Providing an option to specify this when adding in the bill (and then displaying it somehow in the upcoming bills list) would be extremely helpful.
23 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• KSlater
    Options

This would be a great feature and seems like something simple to add.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree it would be 'simple to add' and maybe 'useful', so I voted for it, at the same time, I worry about 'too many options' complicating a relatively simple interface, but I have some faith in the Quicken Simplifi team in figuring something out.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I voted for this too. A workaround till it’s implemented might be to do this…

One downside, it does make working with Payee names slightly more challenging, but honestly, it’s not bad. You just have to make sure that these two things are all spelled the exact same way.

1. Payee Names in Account Register
    2. Recurring Series in settings

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Ed Rizzolo
    Ed Rizzolo Member ✭✭
    Options

I went ahead and did something similar to what the submitted did and added an "(a)" prefix in front of my bills that are set to autopay. I found this very helpful since I have a large number of bills that are auto-pay and can easily see that I do not have to take any action to pay them. I think it would be fine it was just an autopay y/n flag, then displays an "a" or something similar on be billing reminder. That way, not additional info needs to be displayed in the payment reminders for manually paid bills.

• Ed Rizzolo
    Ed Rizzolo Member ✭✭
    Options

After trying the "(a)" prefix method a bit, definitely see the need to add an autopay flag to the bill/subscription reminder. With the prefix, that prefix ends up in front of the payee name of every transaction when the transaction is recorded. Don't really want that prefix to be there in the transaction, only needs to be the reminder.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7
    Options

I think this is a great idea! Most of my bills are on autopay but this would be a good way to stay on top of the ones that are manual.