Full Payee descriptions are needed (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• chris_moceri
    chris_moceri Member
    Options

Unlike Mint, Simplifi doesnt put enough detail in transactions for various banks such as Sound CU and other credit cards. They used to show detailed Payee/Sender info, POS details, etc. It makes it VERY difficult to link recurring payments, categorizing, etc.

This desperately needs fixing, especially since Mint was able to do all of this and it was a Quicken/Intuit product.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mint was not a Quicken product.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And QS is not an INTUIT product (anymore and for years).

Rob Wilkens

• badbread
    Options

Agree. Would like the ability to see / pull in original bank description and rename and also be able to export full original description when backing up/downloading data. Simplifi is also pulling in my credit union's category descriptions, not the transaction name which is mighty unhelpful. Example: " charity $250" was pulled in; I logged into bank account and it was my water bill that the bank incorrectly categorized. Great for the most part so far. thanks.

• bling
    bling Member
    Options

+1

as i've used the product more, i've learned more about how it works.

the original description is always stored in simplifi. you can see this by going to the details of any transaction — it's listed at the top. moreover, the original description always gets used for rename rules as well.

i paid a friend via venmo. it appears as "purchase 03-27 venmo *john" on my statement (and in transaction details at the top). simplifi auto-renamed it to "venmo". if i create a rename rule for "john", it will match this transaction.

as you can imagine, it's super frustrating to create rename rules for something you can't easily see.

the original description should be available as an optional column so that it's searchable (today it is not), and be included in the export.

• C_Pain22
    Options

This really does need fixed. Mint transfer here and, while Quicken has some great features, this is rudimentary.