Avoid MFA every single time, by using “remember this device” feature

Options
Kalkrish
Kalkrish Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Feature Requests
Currently, many institution connections require MFA every single time. The problem does NOT appear to be with the institution, because other aggregators do not have the same issue with the same accounts in the same institutions. One possibility that has been suggested is to use the “remember this device” feature that is available in most institution web interfaces. Please investigate this option.
89 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• antigravitas
    Options
    +1 to this. I am having the same problem and would v much like to be able to tell my bank to trust connections coming from Simplifi, just as I can tell it to trust a specific browser on a specific computer.
  • Tim F
    Tim F Member
    Options
    +1. I'm removing Venmo from Simplifi because of this. If this were happening on my bank account then there is no way that I'd use Simplifi.
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Added my vote because of AmEx card.  I have disconnected it from Online Banking and put the card away. Also suggest people complain to the companies.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• randominseattle
    Options
    +1 for Venmo
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This does not happen on my accounts (it was for a while with Chase, but that stopped).  I think this may be a related problem as this request: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3506/use-oauth-apis-everywhere-they-are-available-chase-bank-of-america-etc which also complained about frequent MFA.

Rob Wilkens

• Zsawaged
    Options

adding my vote to this

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have this problem with my Kohls credit card

• Bmorse100
    Options

This only happens for me with Venmo, but it is very annoying.

• M1 Finance is having this problem as well in Simplifi. Temporary thing I did was to turn off MFA. It isn't ideal, but I'm hoping something will get fixed on Simplifi's end to address MFA in a user friendly way.

• shawnt
    Options

+1 for me as well. It only happens with a couple of accounts, and it doesn't happen every time I log in to Simplifi, but maybe after a day or so it requires two-factor code again.

• CBlazick
    CBlazick Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

+1 for me. Venmo had my Mint saved as a Remembered Device. Dunno if it would help with my Carmax

• Rex Parsons
    Options

This is a no brainer. Come on, Simplifi!

• kroher
    Options

+1 venmo

• mordotz
    Options

Moved from Mint to try Simplifi and this has been the most frustrating missing piece that I miss.

• Dave5150
    Dave5150 Member ✭✭
    Options

Virginia 529 is doing this as well.

• Alex Dean
    Options

Simplifi, please resolve this!! Venmo allows you to remember devices, and that avoids the constant MFA. Venmo transactions are a necessary part of many people’s day to day spending.

• Zsawaged
    Options

Please resolve this for Venmo already!

• JerTech
    JerTech Member
    Options

This would be great for HSA Bank as well.

• rbw
    rbw Member
    Options

Mint knew how to click "Remember this device" with Venmo in 2019. My Venmo account.venmo.com/settings/security page still shows the "device" it used:

Instead, I now have 9 emails from Venmo in the last week because Simplifi is spamming it with my username/password multiple times per day:

My retirement accounts at TIAA have the same issue. I guess I will disable Venmo and TIAA in Simplifi, like others in this thread, but Simplifi is broken for me in either case.

This issue has been open for over 2 years, and there is a simple fix, but Simplifi's only recommendation is to disable 2FA on affected accounts (example, example) 🙃. Very bad look!

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My american express account started doing this in the last week or so. It's pretty annoying!