Mobile App: Ability to bulk edit transactions [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

Options
WWi
WWi Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Feature Requests
Providing a way to multi select transactions to apply a change across all of them would make it much faster to engage with different features, such as marking items reviewed or tagged or with a particular category
42 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello @WWi,

Thanks for taking the time to post your suggestion to the Community!

If I'm understanding your request correctly, it sounds like this is something that's already offered in Simplifi. You can bulk edit transactions by selecting the box to the left of each of the transactions that you'd like to edit, and then clicking the little edit pencil in the bar that pops up at the top of the register: 

This will allow you to edit the Payee, Category, Tags, and Notes. You can also bulk mark the selected transactions as 'Reviewed' by clicking the little green checkmark to the right of the trash can in the bar at the top. The trash can also allows you to bulk delete transactions. We have a Support Article that has more details, as well as a YouTube video

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding your request in any way, otherwise, I am looking to mark this Idea post as 'Already Offered'. Thanks! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • asubbaiyanprof
    asubbaiyanprof Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie, 1) Review is not part of the bulk edit options, 2, IntelliSense doesn't  popup example, Payee picklist is not an option right now
  • Coach Natalie
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

Thanks for your input on this! 

The ability to bulk mark transactions as 'Reviewed' is definitely available via the Simplifi Web App:

Would you mind clarifying the rest of what you mentioned, please? Perhaps those issues/requests may be best covered in a separate post, as this post seems to be requesting the ability to multi-select transactions to apply changes across all of them, such as marking them 'Reviewed' and making Tag or Category changes, which are definitely already offered abilities. 

Please let me know, thanks! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • asubbaiyanprof
    asubbaiyanprof Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie  Created a separate comment post as you suggested

• WWi
    WWi Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks! Is there a way to do this on the iOS app as well?
  • Coach Natalie
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello @WWi,

Thanks for posting back!

Unfortunately, bulk edit options are not available on the Simplifi Mobile App. I'm not finding an existing Idea post requesting this ability for the Mobile App specifically, so I have gone ahead and made this post for the Mobile App!

For anyone who would like to see bulk edit options added to the Simplifi Mobile App, please be sure to add your vote here! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • WWi
    WWi Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you!
  • yearn2earn
    Options
    Please add subject feature.. it’s long overdue.
  • al105
    Options
    The ability to select multiple transactions and edit them is a feature that is only available in the website. I would like to request this feature to also be implemented in the mobile App.
  • Evan S
    Evan S Member
    Options

I have just started trying to rely on Simplifi but wanted to use the mobile app. Without bulk edit I have to make a note to make the updates in Simplifi later when I get to a computer. This really is a missing feature.

• draaboulhosn
    draaboulhosn Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

[removed] Bulk edit is only limited to Payee, Category, Tags, and Notes
    can we include Billing - example selecting all Verizon bills transaction and putting them all into the monthly recurring

currently you have to manually edit every single transaction into its recurring bill category

• SimpliJSHL
    SimpliJSHL Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Bulk transaction editing on mobile would be very nice. Really streamlines initial data input.

• ev134839
    Options

Please add this feature

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I voted for this because I can envision a distant future where I might not have access to a laptop/desktop and will want the ability to do most things on the mobile app.

Rob Wilkens

• SimpliJSHL
    SimpliJSHL Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What is the vote threshold for features to get considered? Would love to see this added, but not holding my breath.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know, but at a "rate" of 17 votes over just over 2 years, it may take some more.

Some ideas have over 200 votes and are just being considered.

Some ideas have been considered (maybe even implemented) with less than 10 votes.

For example, This 4-year-old one voting was closed at 8 votes (but it's still not here yet) and it was created in 2019:

Rob Wilkens

• adityaag
    adityaag Member
    Options

This feature already exists on the webapp where you can select multiple transactions and edit some of the details of all the transactions (payee, category, tag, etc.).

Coming from mint, there iOS supported this (as well as their webapp). It's a key feature for me to make multiple edits from my mobile device as I do much of my transaction editing on my phone rather than my laptop.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

This idea already exists, I'd say to add your vote and comment, but it might be merged in anywway:

[removed link to merged thread]

Rob Wilkens

• danmeek88
    Options

hello,

I came to simplify from Mint. I miss the “edit” link that allowed us to users to check boxes to recategorize multiple transactions at once. Simplifi does that on a computer but not the Mobile app. Would be a time saving upgrade to the paid app that was available on the free one.

Thanks.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for this post @Coach Natalie - I am marking all my prior transactions as reviewed as I just finished going through them. Two years of transactions are in Simplifi from Mint, yay.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Feelenjoy
    Options

marking transactions as recurring one by one on the iOS app is a real drag. Bulk edit on iOS is a feature offered by the competition, I’d love to see it here.

• QuickenUserC
    Options

Please add the ability to edit multiple transactions in the Android and iOS mobile app.

• ainchns
    ainchns Member
    Options

Please add the ability to batch edit transactions on the mobile app.

• jsyme222
    jsyme222 Member
    edited March 21
    Options

The lack of batch editing through the mobile app may be the single reason I stop using this app. If my subscription expires before batch editing is added I'm out.

• csvensson
    Options

It would be great if the batch editing required fewer clicks. For example, Click on the icon to select all and then a row pops up representing all transactions with similar fields available (e.g. Categories, Tags). That way it is easier to enter info with fewer clicks