Mobile App: Decrease touch accuracy required for save & back navigation/add touch feedback (edited)

Options
Skyfox675
Skyfox675 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Feature Requests
Please accept a larger margin of touch error for transaction "save" and back buttons on Android app. This can sometimes take a dozen attempts to process the save user action.
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Skyfox675,

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior and share your feedback with the Community!

To clarify, are you referring to the touch sensitivity on the Mobile App, or would you like a further margin of area around the mentioned buttons so that they interact even if not pressed directly? Or are you seeing the same types of latency issues that are mentioned here

Please let us know so we can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Skyfox675
    Skyfox675 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @Coach Natalie
    To clarify, are you referring to the touch sensitivity on the Mobile App, or would you like a further margin of area around the mentioned buttons so that they interact even if not pressed directly?
    The latter, a further margin of area, the save button on the Transaction update screen is a good use case for this, rough guess is half of the width of the button in all directions added to the existing margin.

Or are you seeing the same types of latency issues that are mentioned here?
    I am seeing the latency issues as well, however I think that the "latency" issues mentioned in the post are a couple of things combined:

1. The margin of accepted input for UI navigation/save buttons (above)
    2. A missing UI component to offer touch feedback (below)
    3. High API transaction times for update operations

As for the missing UI component I mentioned, the button does grey out, but something with a bit more noticeable action such as the "ripple" animation as seen in a material-ui Button component:
    https://mui.com/components/buttons/ A ripple out from the word "Save" would give the user a more noticeable feedback that the action was accepted.

I can submit a different post for the UI animation for the button press if needed.

Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Skyfox675,

Thanks for confirming!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post requesting a decrease in touch accuracy on the Mobile App, as well as requesting to add touch feedback, so that other Users can vote on it and our Product Team can review it. Please be sure to add your vote as well! :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • Varadin
    Varadin Member
    Options
    I've noticed this on the hamburger menu in the Android mobile app as well.  While there are times it's the latency, but it's also the acceptable selection area being just a tad too small.  Thanks for listening!