Transactions names arrive in Simplifi with a space in the middle - Why?

Options
Mauritz307
Mauritz307 Member
edited March 2023 in Troubleshooting
For example in transactions "To Mi Ller Ophthalmology Associates" should be "To Miller Ophthalmology Associates". "To Ma Plewood Tree Experts, Inc. should be "To Maplewood Tree Experts, Inc.". "To Pu Blic Services Electricand Gas' should be "To Public Services Electricand Gas". Not sure if this is coming from my bank or my computer.  Any idea why this is happening and how to avoid the uninvited space in the position of the 3rd letter? This only happens on some transactions and not on all. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Mauritz307,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing this issue in Simplifi.

To better understand the issue, is this happening with a specific account and/or bank, or are you seeing it with all of your accounts/banks in Simplifi? Also, have you viewed the "Appears on your statement as..." info for the transactions in question, by chance? If so, does the Payee match? Screenshots of a few example transactions with the "Appears on your statement as..." info would also be great to have for a comparison.

Please let us know so we can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Mauritz307
    Options
    Natalie,
    Attached are some screen images of the problem which is: an uninvited space in the third position. Es Sex should be Essex. So Uth should be South. Pu Blic should be Public. etc.
    All of these are from Chase Bank. Same problem occurs on Mint. Problem does not happen on the Chase website. Most transactions do not have this problem. Maybe the problem occurs when the info is transferred?
    I don't see this on the few transactions I have from another account.

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Mauritz307,

Thank you for the screenshot and the examples!

Would you mind opening the Transaction Details of a couple of those transactions and grabbing screenshots so that we can also see the "Appears on your statement as..." info, please? 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Mauritz307
    Options
    Here are transaction details for 3 that are having this problem.

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Perfect @Mauritz307!

One more thing -- since the "Appears on your statement as..." info is cutoff in Simplifi, do you happen to have a screenshot of how these transactions look on your bank statement, or even on the bank's website? It would be great to provide my Team with a comparison. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Mauritz307
    Options
    Here are screen images from my Chase bank online account of the same transactions.

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thank you @Mauritz307!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3588
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello again @Mauritz307,

It appears that this issue is occurring due to a logic surrounding bill pay transactions specifically. With that being said, my Team has requested that you submit 'Feedback' through the Simplifi Web App so that we can get a clearer picture of what's going on. 
    1. Log in to Simplifi Web App.

2. Click on the 'Profile' icon in the left-hand bar.

3. Hold down the Option key (Mac) or Alt key (Windows) on your keyboard and select "Send Feedback".

4. Leave everything checked and click "Send".

Please let me know once done! 

-Coach Natalie
  • Mauritz307
    Options
    OK, I sent.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thank you @Mauritz307 -- I'll be in touch! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Mauritz307,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

I've received an update from my Team stating that this issue should now be resolved due to Chase disabling bill pay. Would you mind taking a look in Simplifi and confirming, please?

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello again @Mauritz307,

Have you been able to take a look at this, by chance? Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hello @Mauritz307,

Since we haven't heard back from you, we did go ahead and get the escalation closed out. Please let us know if there's anything further that I or the Community may assist with!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.