Mobile App Transaction Strange Sort Behavior

Options
Secure_User
Secure_User Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Troubleshooting
On the iOS mobile app, any time I view transactions, the default sort order is "Pending to Cleared", which is fine, however the transactions are sorted in an unexpected way. The Pending transactions are on top as expected, but when I scroll to the end of the pending transactions, the next transactions are not the most recent.

Currently my oldest pending transaction is on March 27th (about 3 days ago), and the transaction immediately following is on February 19th (about 40 days ago). I then have transactions (all of which are bills coincidentally, but not all my bills) through November of 2016, and then I begin to see the transactions in chronological order. I can "fix" this by changing the sort order to "Date New to Old", however this always defaults back to "Pending to Cleared when I navigate away from a transaction screen. 

So I essentially have three types of transactions when using the default sort order; 1) Pending, 2) Bills of some sort, then 3) Ordinary transactions in chronological order. I am not able to see what is different about the transactions in type 2 that would make them sort above type 3 - there are no "Is a Bill" or "Reviewed" setting on the transactions, there are no flags, etc. This sorting behavior occurs anywhere transactions are viewed such as directly when accessing the transactions menu, or when clicking on an account, etc. 

Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Secure_User,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior on the Simplifi Mobile App.

Since it sounds like you're just seeing this on the Mobile App, I'd suggest fully signing out and back in to see if doing so helps to clear things up. If the issue persists, I'd next suggest performing a full uninstall and reinstall of the Mobile App, while performing a device reboot in between.

Please let us know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Secure_User
    Secure_User Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @Coach Natalie

I have signed out and back in, and I have deleted and re-added the app. After deleting and reinstalling the app, the problem goes away, but unfortunately always comes back. In my case, I'm using the iOS version of the app (version 3.17.0) on an iPhone 12 running 14.5.1. It's not clear to me what changes within the app or on my iPhone that makes the transaction view change, but it seems to always happen. 

• Coach Natalie
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @Secure_User,

Thank you for attempting the steps and posting back!

To clarify, are you only seeing the issue on the Mobile App, or are you seeing it on the Web App as well? If you have not checked the Web App, please go ahead and do so at https://www.quicken.com/simplifi/.

Would you mind also providing a screenshot(s) of what specifically you're seeing so that we can get a clearer picture of what's going on? Please provide a screenshot(s) from the Web App as well so we can see a comparison. 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Secure_User
    Secure_User Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks again @Coach Natalie

Yes, I am only having this problem with the iOS Mobile App. The web app ad the website seem to be working like they should be. 

Its a hard thing to screenshot as it takes a bit of scrolling to get to the issue, but I will send them to you. 

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Secure_User,

Thanks for the screenshots!

I can definitely see how some of your transactions are sorted out of date order. To clarify, are you applying specific filter/sort options, or are those screenshots just to show how the register is currently being sorted (which appears to be by default)? Also, are you seeing this in the 'All Transactions' view specifically, or are you also seeing it when viewing individual account registers?

Additionally, it looks like all of the screenshots provided were from the Mobile App -- would you mind also providing a screenshot of the same view on the Simplifi Web App as a comparison, please? :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Secure_User
    Secure_User Member ✭✭
    Options
    Correct. I did include the screenshots of the default sort order settings that are producing this odd result. I see this sort issue in all transactions, in individual account registers and anywhere you can view transactions.

I can provide some screenshots form the web app, but the issue is not happening there so it is going to look fairly "normal".

Thanks again!
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Secure_User,

Thank you for the comparison screenshot from the Web App!

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-12205
  • Secure_User
    Secure_User Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am still having this issue on the mobile app. Any ideas if there is a solution? Thanks!
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thanks for reaching out, @Secure_User!

Sadly, there hasn't been an update on the escalation quite yet, however, I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I see one. 

We appreciate your continued patience!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hello @Secure_User,

Thank you for your continued patience on this!

Since some time has passed, I wanted to touch base with you to see if you're still experiencing this issue on the Simplifi Mobile App. If so, please send us your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option by following these steps: 
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Secure_User
    Secure_User Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Coach Natalie, thanks for following up. 

This behavior is not occurring any longer, however there is a fairly big asterisk. Previously these out of order transactions were the result of pending transactions from my USAA credit card. At the moment the only way to import transactions from my USAA credit card is via a csv file and this doesn’t import transactions with a pending status in the same way a direct download from the bank would. I was also able to “fix” this issue on the past by deleting the app and reinstalling it. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Secure_User,

Thank you for confirming!

Since the issue is no longer occurring, I went ahead and closed out the ticket for now. However, if the issue pops back up at any time, let us know and we can reopen accordingly. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.