Ability to manually mark Savings Goal as “complete” (edited)

LWrathBudget
LWrathBudget Member ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Feature Requests
It would be great if we could mark a savings goal as “complete” and have it show under a different section (and maybe have any unused funds released similar to Planned Spending). 
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @LWrathBudget,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

Would you mind clarifying your request a bit, please? Currently, when completing a Savings Goal in Simplifi, it will be moved to the 'Completed' section:

With that said, does this meet your needs, or are you looking for the ability to manually mark a Goal as 'completed' early? Also, when it comes to releasing unused funds, are you referring to the amount left to save for the Goal at the time of marking it as completed, or the amount that's been saved? And would you like to see this occur in the Savings Goals section of the Spending Plan, or in the Savings Goals balance of your accounts, etc.? 

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • LWrathBudget
    LWrathBudget Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Hi! I was thinking it was just be easier to mark a Goal complete and then have any unused funds be released back to “Available” in the Account. For example, when I’m saving money for a vacation it’s extremely unlikely that I’m going to spend exactly what I saved on the vacation. It would be nice to just have a single button the click (similar to the Planned Spending) to mark the vacation as complete and released any funds that were saved, but not withdrawn. There is just a lot of manual work arounds with the Goals as they are right now — just trying to think of ways to make it easier! Thank you for reviewing my request!
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Thanks for confirming, @LWrathBudget!

-Coach Natalie