Show the last Sync Date/Time and Status for connected accounts [edited] (13 Merged Votes)

Options
2»

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Options

There is a feature request to display last synch date/status open, vote for it if implementation will meet your need. It is better to have a request with more than one vote as it makes it more likely to be considered.

[removed link to merged thread]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• PeteW
    PeteW Member
    Options

I'm not sure I have a lot of faith in that "updates whenever you log in" thing… sometimes, the information looks old. It would be nice to have the last sync date/time confirmation by listing next to the account. On the "green" site, it was listed right next to account title.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same here, and if I keep the tab opened I don't know if it refreshed since yesterday. I end up running the manual refresh probably more often than needed because of this.

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

On Mint's Overview (could be in Simplifi's Dashboard) under each account they have a time which shows when the last time it was synced for example "3 hours ago".

In the settings page under each account in Mint they have a gear that says "Last updated X hours ago"

Am I missing where this is visible to users in Simplifi or could this feature please be added? It really helps.

• sm11963
    Options

I agree with others here that adding this information to the main accounts page may be distrustful to some users. So adding the information there might require more care and functionality to enable/disable.

However, I would recommend that this information should definitely always be available in the Settings > Accounts page. So it can always be accessible if you need to double check.

• emfred
    emfred Member
    Options

Not knowing for sure when my accounts were last updated is a big deal to me. I would often use Mint to make quick decisions on whether I can make a purchase, and which card/account I should make the purchase with - absolutely loving Simplifi now but the lack of this feature means it's risky for me to use Simplifi to make these decisions. I currently end up spending extra time pulling up other apps to double check my balances.

Don't really care the last 4 digits since I can customize the account name to include that.

• tim o
    tim o Member
    edited February 2
    Options

please add this… [removed] and mint have this and its invaluable

• Another Stephen
    Options

Please add the last sync. it's absolutely critical to the user experience given most accounts always have the red "!" next to it.

Is my data 1 hour old or 1 month old? there's no way to tell, and it just makes is hard to trust the data.

• Another Stephen
    Another Stephen Member ✭✭
    edited February 18
    Options

Oh gosh i just died inside. this tiny super helpful feature request is 4 years old. just give this to an intern and they'll finish it in less than a week…

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just for the record, those red exclamation points, to my knowledge, are not normal. In my 2-3 years of using this app, I've only seen one of them a handful of times. You may want to report those issues, as they may be specific to your bank connections.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW: I think the problem is this 'idea' post contains multiple seemingly unrelated ideas, so it's not clear what the votes are for. Are they for the last 4 digits of account number (which you can edit yourself into your account names) or are they for the last sync date.

Rob Wilkens

• iakoubtchik
    Options

This would extremely useful for synced billers as well, to be able to see when it was last synced.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I voted for the last synch date and time. I am aware I can edit the last 4 digits of the account myself @RobWilk . @Coach Jon could you change the title of this idea post to read "Show Last Sync Date/Status [edited] (13 Merged Votes)"

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @UrsulaA

Thanks for letting me know. I have changed the title as you requested.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• GE001
    GE001 Member
    Options

It is crucial to se the last sync time, to make sure it sync and haven't missed any important transaction.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@GE001 Once it fails once, as is, you should get a red exclamation point next to the account indicating the sync failed. That will stay there until the sync error is cleared.

Of course, it won't sync more than once every 4-6 hours assuming you log in or refresh in that time.

Rob Wilkens

• snovvman
    snovvman Member
    edited March 18
    Options

There should also be a sync log showing how many transactions were downloaded. For me, Empower shows no error, but transactions are not being synced and I would not have known unless I checked it against Empower (and [removed], which I am also testing).

• andre
    andre Member
    Options

Last updated Date & Time is a must, as some accounts require additional 2FA to work.