Cannot Connect Citi Double Cash Card

Options
dzeiberg
dzeiberg Member
edited August 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Hi, I'm attempting to add my Citi Double Cash Card to Simplifi. I enable the "Manage Desktop Apps" setting on Citi Bank website then, when I enter by Citi credentials on Simplifi, I receive an error saying:

"The current multi-factor authentication method at Citibank is not supported. To connect to your account, you must change the multi-factor authentication method at Citibank.
Care Code: FDP-192"

I saw somewhere else that I should log out of Citi before entering my credentials on Simplifi, but that didn't work for me either. What are the steps I should take to connect my Citi Double Cash Card to Simplifi
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hi @dzeiberg,

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble adding your Citi Double Cash Card. Sadly, we're experiencing trouble with the 2-Step Authentication offered by Citibank, resulting in a 192 error. Our team is working directly with the bank to reach a solution, but there is no ETA yet. In the meantime, we recommend disabling the Citi website's feature before trying to add your account to Simplifi.  

You can disable this through the Citi website by selecting Profile > More Settings > 2-Step Authentication. Once disabled, try again to add your account in Simplifi. If you continue to experience trouble, please let us know!

-Coach Nicole
  • Beech190
    Options
    I also am having the same issue. I have tried turning 2-step authentication on/off to no avail. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Beech190,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing difficulties connecting to Citi in Simplifi.

To clarify, is the issue occurring on a Citi Double Cash Card account specifically? Also, is the issue occurring on an existing account(s) or when attempting to connect the account(s) for the first time?

When viewing your connection history with Citibank, I am seeing that your most recent connections have been successful. Before that, however, I'm seeing a mix of 102 and 192 errors, which are both known issues with Citibank and Citi Cards. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2007/new-8-3-21-citibank-and-citi-cards-returns-a-102-error/p1?new=1

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3424/new-6-9-22-citibank-and-citi-cards-returns-a-192-error/p1?new=1

For these particular errors, we suggest disabling MFA with Citi directly and then attempting to add/update your account(s) outside of peak hours or over the weekend.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • Beech190
    Options
    Everything seems to be working just fine now when adding my accounts. Thank you.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Glad to hear it, @Beech190 -- thanks for posting back to let us know! 

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.