Why are my pending credit card transactions not posting on the correct date?

Options
Clark
Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
They are posting on June 30, when I actually purchased July 1

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Clark,

Thanks for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

As for the 3.22.0 Mobile Release, we typically won't have expected release dates for upcoming versions. It sounds like this particular release will hopefully go out next week, however, I'd definitely suggest following the Community Alert for any updates on the known issue. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3341/new-5-20-22-transactions-are-not-being-filtered-properly-in-total-spending-report-mobile/p1?new=1

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3996
  • Coach Natalie
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Clark,

Thank you for your patience as this issue was being investigated!

I received an update from the team and they discovered that US Bank made some changes on their end that's causing the incorrect date on pending transactions, and it doesn't sound like there's anything further that can be done to correct it at this time, sadly.

I'm sorry for not having better news and am glad that the dates are correct once the transaction clears. 

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Clark,

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an issue with transaction dates in Simplifi. 

Would you mind providing a bit more detail as to what specifically is occurring, please? Is this happening with a specific account and/or a specific bank? Are you only seeing the issue with pending transactions? If so, what happens when the transactions clear? 

I'd suggest taking a look at the date of the pending transactions displayed on the bank's website and comparing to the date displayed in Simplifi. If the dates differ, it's something that we can certainly take a look at, however, we would need specific example transactions with the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as comparison screenshots of Simplifi and your bank's website.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @coach Natalie 
    Thank for your response.

1) This is happening to only my Harley Davidson visa credit card account
    2) I am seeing this only with pending transactions 
    3) When transactions clear, the date changes to posted date.
    Here are some examples;

The one above is my credit card screenshot which the dates are correct.  The one below is simplifi downloaded transactions of the same items. 

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie

The first screenshot of my Harley Davidson visa above  is the pending transactions you requested. 
    Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks, 

Clark
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Clark,

Thanks for posting back and providing examples and screenshots!

I went to get this escalated, however, I'm unable to locate a Harley Davidson credit card account for you when viewing your Simplifi accounts. What is the full name of the account, as it appears in Simplifi? :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie

Here is a screenshot as it appears in Simplifi below.  Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks, Clark

When will 3.22.0 going to release to fix the filter issue in the spending by month in the reports tab?
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.