AMEX Pending Transactions Not Clearing?

Options
AutoJunkie
AutoJunkie Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior: I have an AMEX account with two cardholders, each show as a separate account in Simplifi (somewhat expected, as they do have individual card numbers).

I've started noticing that there are no transactions recorded under the secondary cardholder, except pending charges. Once the charges clear, they appear on the primary cardholder ledger:

BUT the pending stays on the secondary:

I checked my AMEX account and they are indeed cleared for the secondary cardholder:

This is throwing off things like spending plan, reports, etc. that take into account pending:

I just started my trial a few days ago so have not had many transactions to test against. Is this expected behavior or will Simplifi resolve things after X days/weeks/months? The transactions in this example are almost a week old.

EDIT: Sorry I meant to post this in the Report a Bug forum. Mods please move as necessary. Thanks!
Microsoft Money > Mint > Simplifi?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• AutoJunkie
    AutoJunkie Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @Coach Natalie!

While disabling/removing/not adding the secondary cardholder account would solve my issue of the existing lingering pending transactions, this now means that any new pending transactions for the secondary cardholder do not show up until they have cleared. If I am taking into account pending transactions in decision making, I am still looking at an inaccurate picture of my overall position.

My current personal finance app seems to handle this ok, so I don't think this is a limitation of how AMEX is exposing transactions. Plus for those that wish to classify transactions by cardholder, the method Simplifi is advocating using tags is not really simplifying things for the end user, as there is currently no way to assign tags based on rules. For those with say, multiple cardholders in a household with many transactions this would likely not scale well.

Perhaps a product enhancement request is needed?

Microsoft Money > Mint > Simplifi?
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @AutoJunkie,

Thank you for the additional feedback!

Sadly, I don't think anything further can be done when it comes to Authorized User accounts with American Express, however, I'd definitely suggest adding your vote and feedback to an existing Idea post requesting the ability to create Transaction Rules based on Tags.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/104/dynamic-tagging#latest

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.