Pending transactions being double-counted in balance (edited)

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
I don't know whether I should attribute this issue to Simplifi or PenFed (credit union) for this situation:
1. It appears a credit card transaction marked as pending on the PenFed website is currently reflected in the balance on the website.  It was 2 days ago.
2. Simplifi is (or appears to be) taking the website balance (with the above transaction) and adding that transaction value on top of the balance, thereby doubling the transaction amount in the reflected balance.

I suspect I can work around this by marking the transaction cleared in simplifi despite it's status as a pending transaciton to fix the balance, but i may want to wait for it to clear to be certain.

Rob Wilkens

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing a balance discrepancy in Simplifi.

If you've determined that pending transactions are being counted toward your Simplifi balance twice, you'll want to disable the 'Balance with pending' option for the financial institution in question. More details and the steps to do so can be found here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In short, they're not always counted. 

1. The first day, both pending transactions were not doubled (~$200-250, and ~$75)
    2. The second day the ~$200-250 pending charge was doubled
    3. The third day both the ~$200-250 and the ~$75 charge was doubled

I went ahead and manually cleared these transactions in simplifi, which resolved the issue.

I suspect inconsistencies with how the bank deals with this is the issue.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.