How to factor yearly subscriptions into spending plan?

Options
smithmark02
smithmark02 Member
edited September 2022 in Using the Spending Plan
Hello, If I set up a yearly subscription, will it not factor in my spending plan until the next payment?  I'd prefer that it factor it over 12 months.  Otherwise I'll have some months with a lot less available for spending than other months.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @smithmark02,

It sounds like your talking about having a rolling balance on the Spending Plan.  Unfortunately, that ability doesn’t exist yet.

I’d encourage you to add your voice to this post so Simplifi gets lots of useful feedback as their team moves forward.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3574/we-want-your-feedback-on-the-spending-plan

In the meantime, I just have mine (ex. Yearly Amazon Prime renewal in April) set up for the specific month in which it occurs...the rest of the year it doesn’t show up in the Sending Plan.  Then, you could use a Savings Goal perhaps to save for it.

There might be others in this forum who have a more thought out, workable solution.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @smithmark02,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

@Flopbot provided some great feedback for you, and I'd also suggest adding your vote and feedback to an existing Idea post requesting the ability to break down annual expenses to a monthly amount in the Spending Plan. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1199/less-frequent-recurring-bills-as-bills-not-as-savings-goals

To touch on one thing that @Flopbot mentioned regarding using a Savings Goal to save for your annual expenses, we do have a #TipTuesday post available here that goes over how to utilize this option in the Spending Plan.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

This discussion has been closed.