We're testing shared spaces! Check it out and share your thoughts here.

Coach Nicole
Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin
edited August 2023 in Feedback

We're super stoked to announce the ability to share access to your finances with a partner or advisor via Space Sharing. 

Through Space Sharing, you can grant one person access to your Simplifi data (a.k.a. Space) without having to share credentials. Please note: at this time, the grantee will not be required to have an active subscription to access the shared Space. However, they will be required to create a Quicken ID.

Since this new feature is still in its early phase, we will only roll it out to a small percentage of Early Access Users at a time. But, don't worry; Simplifi will automatically alert you when this new feature becomes available to you. 

While you familiarize yourself with Space Sharing, we'd love to hear any feedback you may have to help us improve. 

Comments

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭
    I'm getting the pop up message when I log in with a link to the Space Sharing section under settings that just takes me a blank page and I don't see Space Sharing as a choice. I guess I'll give it a day and see if it starts working.
  • meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭
    The setting showed up and I was able to add my wife's profile. The first feature request would be to allow different settings between the profiles. When she changed the theme from dark to light mode, it changed it for me. I feel like those sort of settings should be per profile. Same for features like EA access. She might not want to see a new feature, but I would. Haven't had time to dig around much more yet.
  • papermuffins
    papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted the popup /sharing is a blank page. Hard refresh does nothing.
  • meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭
    Accepted the popup /sharing is a blank page. Hard refresh does nothing.
    I had the same thing. It took a few days and then the sharing page showed up under settings
  • kenlefeb
    kenlefeb Member
    It would be great to be able to clone a space, especially for all of us who will be starting with an existing space full of accounts and history. Deleting accounts from a clone would be easier than recreating them, I think. Better yet, if I could go into an account's details and change the space it's in, that might be the easiest way to get everything set up initially.

Also, it would be nice to have a way to backup/restore our data (per space), so that we can experiment a little without fear of losing existing data. This might also be a way to implement cloning, by backing up one space and restoring it to a new space. 
  • kenlefeb
    kenlefeb Member
    Is the plan to allow more than two spaces, or is that the intended max? If I invite my spouse, will she be able to create a second space, also, for her own personal finances? 
  • I got the popup a week ago, but it's disappeared. Tried signing out / clearing cache / hard refresh.

Now don't even see the Spaces & Sharing menu in /settings. Has anyone figured out how to get this to appear?
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2022
    That's a great question, @kenlefeb!

In order for your spouse to create their own Space, they would need to also have a Simplifi Subscription. With Space Sharing, if you have an active Simplifi Subscription, you can share your Space with others. Those who you share with do not need to have a separate Subscription to access your Space. At this time, Space Sharing only allows sharing with up to one additional member, however, this will change to 5 members once the feature is fully live. 

If someone else has an active Subscription and shares their Space with you, you would be able to access their Space and yours. The same goes for you sharing your Space with someone else who has an active Subscription -- they would be able to access your Space and theirs. Otherwise, you will only have access to your one Space, and anyone you're sharing with that does not have a Subscription will also only have access to your one Space. 

More details on Space Sharing can be found here, as well as our Support Article here. I hope this helps!

@wides Space Sharing is being rolled out in stages to Early Access. As others have mentioned above, you will most likely need to allow some time for the feature to become available to you. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • MoneySkeets
    MoneySkeets Member ✭✭✭
    Would love to try it and got what others go back on 10/17 but nothing has shown up ever since
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @MoneySkeets,

We'd love for you to try out Space Sharing as well!

Unfortunately, I think they found a few bugs, so they've paused rolling the feature out to Early Access for now. You should be getting it soon, though! 

-Coach Natalie
  • MoneySkeets
    MoneySkeets Member ✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie  

Well one can hope and will keep checking back.  Thanks of the update as to why this does not appear here.

Skeeter
  • Hello @MoneySkeets,

We'd love for you to try out Space Sharing as well!

Unfortunately, I think they found a few bugs, so they've paused rolling the feature out to Early Access for now. You should be getting it soon, though! 

-Coach Natalie
    Is this still paused? Been waiting patiently as an long time member of Early Access. I got the pop-up initially but its since vanished. What's ETA here?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @DougyFresh,

Thanks for the inquiry!

At this time, there is no further update or ETA to provide on Space Sharing. As previously mentioned, the Product Team is working out a few bugs and will begin rolling the feature out to Early Access again once they get those ironed out.

We appreciate everyone's continued patience!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello All,

Space Sharing is live for everyone now! Let us know your feedback! 

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.