Spending Plan Categories

Options
Rocfire
Rocfire Member
edited November 2022 in Using the Spending Plan
I finding that some of my transactions are not being report under the Spending Plan Item.  For example I have $500 plan spending under Utilities.  My cable bill which is a sub category of Utilities is not charged to the planned spending item. It is recorded under bills and it does show up in the Utilities Category report.  

Please review. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Rocfire,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

If the transaction in question is linked to a Recurring Reminder, it will show up in the Bills & Income section of the Spending Plan and will not be counted towards a Planned Spending expense of the same Category. This is to prevent transactions from being double-counted in the Spending Plan; more details on this can be found here

If you'd like to track a certain area of Spending based on a specific Category, such as your utilities, you may consider creating a Watchlist, as these will track everything for that Category all in one place, whether a Recurring Bill or additional spending in the same Category. You may find more details on using Watchlists outlined here.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Rocfire just to let you know that as a new user at the first of this year I had basically the same question when I first started with Simplifi.  The Spending Plan is a unique feature and with some attention to the articles @Coach Natalie points you too and with a little experience, you'll be a Spending plan rock star in no time.  This forum is a great place to get answers to questions and find insights on how other users use Simplifi.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Rocfire, click here for a post I did awhile back on the exact same issue that the coach is referencing.  My post had lots of screenshots in case that helps.  Your in good hands with @DannyB  and @Coach Natalie.

If this isn’t your problem, then do let us know.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.